Hi,

My N810 started to have the following problem... It will not turn on most ofd the times, I can see the Nokia screen and then turns off.. It self if along with the power button I press other buttons, but not the same button every time...

Once I manage to start it, it is ok.

I have reflashed (latest version) and it is the same problem.. Any idea what could be?

Many thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem on my n810 with two different batteries (genuine Nokia, and a SCUD). A reflash did not change the situation for me either. It would typically take me a good handful of tries to get my n810 to boot past the blue and white "Nokia" screen. Now I have found that taking the back cover off, removing the battery for ~5 seconds and then reinserting the battery slapping it into place a bit more forcefully than normal seems to get it to boot on the first try.

The Following User Says Thank You to ashes For This Useful Post:
That "slapping" gave me an idea..

I put a piece of plastic foil and the battery stays more fix in place.

I have start it several times now without any issue!

I think this is a battery connectivity issue! Many thanks, I thought I am going crazy... checked for memory card corruption, reflashed etc etc

Cheers!
Any

The Following User Says Thank You to andy73 For This Useful Post:
If you still have problems with this, disabling the lifeguard-reset may help.

./flasher-3.5 --enable-rd-mode --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset

The Following User Says Thank You to ILikeMaemo For This Useful Post:
@andy73
Yes, thank you. I used to have a little bit of papertowel folded up between the battery and back cover to stop the back cover ratting. It hasn't been there while I've had this issue.

@ILikeMaemo
Thank you for pointing out this flag. I'll give it a try if the papertowel flag does not yield improvement.

Originally Posted by ashes View Post
I used to have a little bit of papertowel folded up between the battery and back cover to stop the back cover ratting.
I have a 1.5" black plastic coated "bread tie" (computer cables ship with them) wedged in the gap and folded over between the cover. Removes easily, is reusable and looks nice.