Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Tampere
Is anyone working on getting Dropbox working on Maemo5? If not, there is a Ubuntu client atleast and it's, afaik, coded in Python, so would not be impossible to port I reckon? Found a thread about it dating back to pre-maemo 5 time ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32334&page=2 ), but seems like it's dead. I'd love such functionality on my N900, but porting is way out of my level of expertise - so this is a polite 'I wish someone would do it' -poke on the matter.

I was thinking about that. But I think that first would be also nice to port files.ovi.com.

Please, if some one opens such a project on garage. please, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to acano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
files.ovi.com works on the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
thanks but I think only if you want to se files from another windows computer, but not in the oposit way. does not?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I would love to see dropbox on my n900 since I use it to sync my notes and stuff on all other devices. But when it comes to the linux-client I think there are two things to keep in mind.

- I think it is quite integrated in nautilus.
- It needs the closed source deamon, not compatible with the n900 arm-processor.

A more realistic scenario would be to port ubuntu one, I heard they are working on a windows client at the moment so it would be a good thing for windows users too.

But the ball is in the hands of the folks at dropbox. I do not think that it would be too much work for them, mostly compiling the deamon for the arm-processor. So if the community wants to work on this end I think it would be a speedy process.

But, I have no coding skills wse.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
sam here , really wish dropbox can be ported to N900 .

Bump for awesome!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
It will be great.I use Dropbox regularly.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
+1 for Dropbox support

Originally Posted by redi View Post
Is anyone working on getting Dropbox working on Maemo5? If not, there is a Ubuntu client atleast and it's, afaik, coded in Python, so would not be impossible to port I reckon? Found a thread about it dating back to pre-maemo 5 time ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32334&page=2 ), but seems like it's dead. I'd love such functionality on my N900, but porting is way out of my level of expertise - so this is a polite 'I wish someone would do it' -poke on the matter.

The mian problem with Dropbox's linux support is that it relies fairly heavily on Nautilus