The Bluetooth "iFrog" keyboard from Frogpad.com works!!

I'm running:
* Nokia 770 (built in Estonia)
* Internet Tablet OS 2005.51
* btkeyboard-plugin v0.3.1-0x
* FrogPad BT iFrog "Lefty" edition

Two observations:

1) Maemo AF Desktop (Hildon Status Bar) only allows /two/ userland plugins. I had to forfeit another plugin to be able to use the BT Keyboard plugin.

2) Don't hit the Number Mode key on the BT iFrog until the BT Plugin UI prompts you to start typing the authentication code.

I'd be curious to see what your impressions are once you get some time under your belt with this thing. I'm tempted to try one myself, it seems like a very good compliment to the 770.
David

So have you been using this? And does it work well?

Follow up:
Yes I have been using this and I like it so much I am now working part time for the company! So yes I am biased but here's my take:

The only "downside" to using the iFrog is the learning curve for a one handed keyboard. When you first start using it, it does not feel "natural". But that is because you have thousands of hours in front of a qwerty keyboard. Even right out of the box with no practice, the frogpad is comparable in speed and comfort to that awful onscreen keyboard.

The good:
With just a few hours of practice you get a lot faster and a lot more comfortable. Frogpad starts to feel natural. For me I was faster entering text after only 4 hours or so of practice than I ever was with the onscreen keyboard. Plus you don't lose the screen real estate taken up by that keyboard.

The frogpad makes the ergonomics of using the tablet a lot easier. Now the screen is just for reading and occasional tapping. You position the screen where it is comfortable, either holding it in your left hand or setting it down in front of you. The keyboard rests wherever you want, for me it is flat and small enough that it easily rests on my right thigh as I type. Also because you can move the screen wherever you want, you can use smaller fonts to see more text when you are doing intensive data entry.

There are other BT keyboards (I've tried the think outside) but usually they are a compromise between usability and size. The big ones (think outside) are usable but they are not really as portable as the 770 and they still need a desklike surface to rest the 770 because the keyboard needs 2 hands. The small ones (mini freedom) are more portable but they suffer in comfort and usability.

The frogpad gives you full size keys, one handed use, and a pocketable package. Its only compromise is you have to re-train your brain from qwerty. But qwerty is a 130 year old standard that was devised way before the world dreamed of wireless communication. Actually, the qwerty layout was designed to SLOW typing down and reduce the chance of mechanical jams (http://inventors.about.com/library/i...ypewriter.htm).

I love the frogpad. I think it is going to be a big thing in the mobile world, partly because of the reasons I list above. So am I biased because I work for Frogpad part time? Probably. But in my mind I work for Frogpad because I am biased toward the concept.

You heard it here first. You'll start seeing the Frogpad concept a lot more in the next 5 years.
David

what about iFrog and OS 2006? Does it work out of the box? Or using which bluetooth HID driver for the Nokia 770?