i would like to recharge through the main power socket using a usb adapter cable (they sell them for mobile phones so you can charge them from your pc). the question is is 500ma enough to prompt the nokia into charging. the mains charger is 5v 890ma (strange amperage). if 500ma is enough then there is also the possibility of using something like the Battery Pack for iPod PW-2882p which has a 2800mah lithium battery (£18) if it is not enough does anyone know of a battery pack which can supply 1000ma and is available for sale in the uk?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Yes, it works fine. I use the CA-44 adapter to take an existing "big pin" Nokia USB charger to the smaller power plug size of the 770.

The Following User Says Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by aflegg
Yes, it works fine. I use the CA-44 adapter to take an existing "big pin" Nokia USB charger to the smaller power plug size of the 770.
So with that CA-44 adapter I can charge my 770 with my Nokia 6682 car charger adapter?

I have been thinking about getting a car adapter, I use an inverter now with Nokia 770 charger, but 12V power would be nice for 10$ and it would also work with my 110v 6682 charger.

cool