Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Thanks for the hack! The etlmotic earbuds are jamming.

I know the Nokia HD over ears headphones work. I tested it in a Microsoft store on my Nokia N9. The optional control talk cable probably won't work.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Planet Rock
I have tried to use Lumia 710 earphones with the N9 but it seems that it is not working. This is very strange as by look they are almost identical.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Should headsets made for (modern) BlackBerry & Android devices (3.5 mm TRRS, 1 button + mic) work fine on the N9?

Is it possible to use 2 bluetooth headsets, lets say the bh-111, simultaneously with just one Nokia N9? I want to listen to music from my N9 and share the experience with a friend, while lets say we do food shopping in a loud and crowded supermarket.

Thx
sub

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ London/Hong Kong
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
Should headsets made for (modern) BlackBerry & Android devices (3.5 mm TRRS, 1 button + mic) work fine on the N9?
I believe so - I'm using the Philips SHE 8005 and it works fine

I am quite pissed off, I ordered some Nokia WH-701s and they don't work (at all, not with 1mm out etc) with my N9. Didn't have an iPhone at hand to recheck so far, but how the **** can it be so hard so leave something stupidly simple as a headphone-connector alone?!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I tested Original Beats - Studio @ a Samsung Store, they were super awesome, didn't know my sound can go this far. Battling to get Wireless Beats though.

My WH-701s work perfectly - all media controls work in Music player and FM radio (not in gPodder unfortunately)
I also have the Nokia Essence BH-610 BT noise cancelling headset - excellent sound quality and everything works with the N9 (inc NFC) but for me the cables are too short (I feel a bit conspicuous using the included neck strap)

I suppose mine are fake, I have no other explanation for the weird behaviour of theirs.