Posts: 25 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ California, USA
Ok so I'm interested in getting a Nokia N9, planned to get one as soon as prices dropped, don't care if it won't ever get updated again, as a Nokia fan I think this is a collecto's item specially the Magenta since I already own a 920 in Yellow and 900 in Cyan.

A while ago I ordered a Nokia E6 from a reputable seller at Amazon, after doing a little more research apart from the physical one, I found out that it was a clone, very very good clone, it had everything, even the official Symbian Belle, what made me suspicious in the first place is that it wasn't sealed with the Nokia branded tape.... at the end I got my refund but makes me think a lot of people were getting a fake Nokia and they didn't notice...

the item in question is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/290850031195...84.m1497.l2649

CTINYC has really good reviews, didn't find anything negative but some people are reporting receiving unsealed items but everything was fine, so should I order from these guys or look somewhere else? are all of these people getting fake Nokias and they haven't noticed?

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
without being able to see the proper physical product, no way to tell, as their ebay listing appears to be a copy paste of the official specs and photos. either pay by paypal and make a dispute if it is not, or ask the seller for proof it is not a fake.

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
without being able to see the proper physical product, no way to tell, as their ebay listing appears to be a copy paste of the official specs and photos. either pay by paypal and make a dispute if it is not, or ask the seller for proof it is not a fake.
I'm thinking just that, although a dispute might take a while since this seller has 5 star reviews left and right, it can prob be one of those "unnoticeable really good clones" but won't know until I have the device on my hands, the Amazon seller accepted my request right away when I reported that Nokia couldn't find the IMEI in their system, didn't wanted to get shut down for selling clones.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well the seller is assuming all responsibility for the listing and for a 16GB set, $300 is most probably legit... Go for it with paypal and you can always dispute if IMEI isn't found via Nokia Suite so even with a 5-star rating you'll have the upper hand although the seller seems pretty legit...

I would like to know about your E6-clone if possible as I didn't know it was that easy to port Belle into another piece of HW... Also did you try that E6 on Phoenix? That would solve if it was really a fake or simply the Nokia system you queried not being able to find the IMEI...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well the seller is assuming all responsibility for the listing and for a 16GB set, $300 is most probably legit... Go for it with paypal and you can always dispute if IMEI isn't found via Nokia Suite so even with a 5-star rating you'll have the upper hand although the seller seems pretty legit...

I would like to know about your E6-clone if possible as I didn't know it was that easy to port Belle into another piece of HW... Also did you try that E6 on Phoenix? That would solve if it was really a fake or simply the Nokia system you queried not being able to find the IMEI...
then I think I'm going to order it and see what I get...

About the E6 it was very interesting to see something that was 100% identical, I previously had the E6 as a trial so I know how it feels and looks, I found the pics that I took back in 2011...

forgot to check with Nokia Suite to see if it could find a warranty on it but the item's listing clearly said US warranty which it wasn't true
Attached Images

http://www.imei.info/?imei=354875043058400
I see, but don't Nokia's come with sealed box? what about the weird double Nokia hologram in the battery and the same hologram on the back of the phone... maybe they placed both rounded holograms to make it look "official"

Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
I see, but don't Nokia's come with sealed box? what about the double Nokia hologram in the battery and the same hologram on the back of the phone...
Nokia phones don't always come in sealed-with-Nokia-tape boxes; it depends on distributor etc...

I wouldn't know about the battery but you can read this...

Nokia phones don't always come in sealed-with-Nokia-tape boxes; it depends on distributor etc...

I wouldn't know about the battery but you can read this...
can't find that rounded hologram on the net apart from the one I tweeted back in 2011, this at least should be a yellow flag don't you think?

Ah you are referring to the silver hologram sticker? That's in Asia-Pacific IIRC...

From your pictures if the IMEI on box matched your phone's IMEI then you were given an original set; around 3 years back one could enter the battery code in Nokia's online tool to check for authenticity but they seem to have stopped offering that service...

Anyway its good to be suspicious especially when buying online