Notices

So after seeing some of the posts here, I got a bit interested on the idea of checking out how OpenOffice 3, would work on N900...

Guess what....it works!!!

Check it out
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bentolx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Nice, but the UI is going to be a PITA to use. That's why Qole was tweaking it...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Also, I think you're using from a chroot (like me btw) or another computer . Qole's screenshot shows him using it with the Maemo libgtk: proper theming, but possibly horrible dialog buttons placement

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
I wish to know, how was possible to port OOo 3 without a chroot???
and if it is, why in maemo4 isn't possible? (I remeber that on Mer is possilbe btw)
will it have better perfomance? (more than a minute to open a documen is annoing...now I'm usin abiword and gnumeric, but are somewat limited...but both faster and usable!)

Ps: the performance I mean is both on maemo4 (if directly installe dwithout chroot) and in maemo5 (both with chroot and not)

Last edited by pinguino89; 2009-10-22 at 15:37.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
will it have better perfomance?
Nope.

(Btw, after reading Qole's posts, I don't know if he used Maemo GTK+ or just Fremantle Gtk+ theme. Sorry).

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
i have it running in a chroot on the n900 (thanks qole) and its quite a bit faster than it was on the n810. UI is a bit clunky though on the small screen as noted by others

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm using a chroot, but I am starting the sapwood theme server and I'm using the "beta" Fremantle GTK+ theme. I have since made the scroll bars fatter, but the dropdown boxes in the top menu still don't have any text in them, and the dialogs are simply horrible (buttons are stupidly huge and no way to get to information that doesn't fit on the screen).

I am exploring options to start a second window manager in Xephyr, possibly the hacked matchbox window manager from Diablo that I used in Easy Debian before (with the movable dialog boxes), or maybe an "extra chunky" themed version of LXDE...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bentolx View Post
So after seeing some of the posts here, I got a bit interested on the idea of checking out how OpenOffice 3, would work on N900...

Check it out

Wow… Amazing.

Originally Posted by bentolx View Post

How does the battery cope with that?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rpcutts View Post
How does the battery cope with that?
Let me guess... It doesn't?