Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
IMO I think it's silly to have two or three panels, for the same thing in different variants.
I guess I have to agree. I've just implemented the Scan/Pause feature, and I admit that it really is a lot more user-friendly than I remembered. I'm thinking that a panel with a combination of manual and automated controls might be the best of both worlds; I'll append a screenshot of my current idea at the end of this post.

Actually, why don't I package it up into another update. As it turns out, the Deutsche Telekom protocol is definitely buggy, and was probably the main cause of all the earlier troubles. (I don't know why it only breaks occasionally on my machine, but when it does, it leaves a zombie Pierogi process running, which messes up any new instances of Pierogi. Very bad. ) So It'd be best for me to back it out of the app asap...

Surely this is fast enough to work as a TVBGone replacement.
I do still need to fix the Pioneer protocols, but yeah, otherwise I agree that it probably would work as a TVBGone. (Also, beware -- this isn't just a TVBGone, it's an EverythingBGone; I haven't filtered out the non-TV keysets. )
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Really isn't the Restart, Scan and Pause method better for replacing TVBGone.
sure it is, but intent of current panel is to allow detecting which keyset works for particular device, *not* to replace "TVBGone!".

That's why I'm asking to separate those functions - one as already implemented, with simple "power" key (no matter if it turns device on, or off), and one for tvbgone replacement - or even more, AnyDeviceBGone! - containing not only "power" codes, but "Power off", "Standby", etc, for both TV's, and audio equipment, and everything else that Pierogi contains keysets for.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Well I alowed pierogi to start with new and clean .config file and the error occured again in the on the same device (which is Deutsche Telekom TV Receiver Keyset 1).
Yeah, that is definitely the problem here; I haven't found the exact bug yet, so I'm going to just rip the Deutche Telekom out of Pierogi for now.

Lovely, but I'll have to do more tests with this one, since it is complete bunkers with results. So I will take exact notes with buttons causing what acctions.
No, actually, in this case, I don't care what the buttons do; they'll be tied to whatever key commands the Strong engineers decided. All I need to know is the name of the Strong Keyset you are using (there are currently 4 Strong keysets in Pierogi); I'll use the "device code" from that one to cobble together a new Triax keyset.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
That's why I'm asking to separate those functions - one as already implemented, with simple "power" key (no matter if it turns device on, or off), and one for tvbgone replacement - or even more, AnyDeviceBGone! - containing not only "power" codes, but "Power off", "Standby", etc, for both TV's, and audio equipment, and everything else that Pierogi contains keysets for.
Ah, let me reiterate the Founding Principle of Pierogi -- I'm trying to create a true "universal remote control", a single interface that can manage a wide range of devices. As such, there is only one "power" key in Pierogi. If a remote has a "Standby" key, that translates to "Power" in Pierogi. The power key for a TV, a DVD player, a stereo system, or an air conditioner all map to the "Power" key in Pierogi.

So yes, this really is an AnyDeviceBGone -- aim it at anything Pierogi has a keyset for, and stuff might happen. So be careful with it!

Edit: Ah, I missed what you were saying -- you're looking for the "discrete" off keys. However, only a few high-end devices actually have separate "off" keys; I'm sure that TVBGone is using the normal "power" keys for most TVs, and as such, TVBGone is just as good for turning TVs on as it is for turning them off...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-09-07 at 22:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
No, actually, in this case, I don't care what the buttons do; they'll be tied to whatever key commands the Strong engineers decided. All I need to know is the name of the Strong Keyset you are using (there are currently 4 Strong keysets in Pierogi); I'll use the "device code" from that one to cobble together a new Triax keyset.
STRONG SRT - 4620 (first one on the list), but to be sure, it's for example switching the channels down with both up and down channel key. So looking foward to this one

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
STRONG SRT - 4620 (first one on the list), but to be sure, it's for example switching the channels down with both up and down channel key. So looking foward to this one
Ah; that would be "Strong Sat Receiver Keyset 2". (BTW, let me say that you should probably be looking for keysets using the Select Keyset window; Pierogi's device list is currently incomplete and probably incorrect in several places... )

Hmm. Triax keysets 2 and 2a are NEC-based (just like Strong's keyset 2), but the Strong channel-up and channel-down don't map to anything I'm seeing on the Triax list. So this might not work after all...

In any case, I'll create a new Triax keyset (2b) using the device code from Strong 2, and see if it works at all for you. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
I would say "don't bother" because I'll might find something else work for that TRIAX box with that new fully automated scanning feature. And it's not worth to add something without fair chance to get it working in graet app such as "pierogi".

I would say "don't bother" because I'll might find something else work for that TRIAX box with that new fully automated scanning feature. And it's not worth to add something without fair chance to get it working in graet app such as "pierogi".
Thanks! But, actually, I already pushed it into extras_devel. (I mean, hey, why call it "extras_devel" if we aren't going to use it for development?) So anyway, Pierogi 1.1.10 has the new keyset "Triax Satellite Receiver 2b (experimental)", which (crossing my fingers) will actually have at least a few keys that work with your device.

Haha, You were actually faster with EverythingBGone - I have written about AnyDeviceBGone without knowing Your reply, yet

I'm very glad - it turned out that my feature request got implemented before I actually asked (and EverythingBGone sounds better than AnyDeviceBGone, BTW ). Thanks a lot for that, I'll do some testing in the wild *evil grin*

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
BTW, let me give a big thank you to Sixwheeledbeast for the latest updates and improvements to the Device Compatibility Page. The page continues to be easier to use each time he touches it. Everyone, if you have a device that works with Pierogi, please do add it to the list on that page; those additions do eventually get added in to Pierogi, thus improving and expanding its list of known devices. Thanks!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-09-08 at 08:20.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control