Active Topics

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
guys, so now i dont need to make some strange actions (for me) with battery, and can connect 2 scud with + and - via 1.5mm copper wire ?

Is it true? Z

where do i purchase mugen batteries with which they give an extra cover

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
where do i purchase mugen batteries with which they give an extra cover
they don't give you extra cover, if you buy the XL-Mugen 2400mAh battery then you get 1 XL-Cover for that battery.

------------------------

Originally Posted by eL.ectron1k View Post
guys, so now i dont need to make some strange actions (for me) with battery, and can connect 2 scud with + and - via 1.5mm copper wire ?

Is it true? Z
if you do the "wire" mod then no, just remember to tape/glue them together

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
dr_frost_dk
do u understand that u made incredible solution? )

Thank you again!

Originally Posted by eL.ectron1k View Post
dr_frost_dk
do u understand that u made incredible solution? )

Thank you again!
Your welcome, of course if you are referring to the wire between be battery's after the circuits (plastic tops) then that is not mine, mine is the HARDCORE one hehe, solder directly battery's together before the circuit (post #2)

Here's my little update on the Scud battery I've now had for about four months. In recent weeks I noticed that if I reboot or switch off and on it will pretty much kill it. A little example from today:

http://flic.kr/p/agv1f3

Before I had the Japod for roughly 3 months which now serves as a backup toghether with the now pretty shot original nokia battery, I might go back to the Japod or buy some more Scuds

The Following User Says Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
something wrong with your scud, that is an EXTREME drop, only a short circuit can do that....

hello,

I was not brave enought to modify the hardware of my n900 so what I did was connected to 3000mah batteries in paralel, they produced about 5-6 volts. Conencted it to a usb-female port so that I can use it as Usb-based battery-powered backup charger. Tested it in usb mouse and usb speaker before connecting to n900, seems fine. Finally connected to n900.. nothing happened...
But later when I tried to charge n900 with its original charger.. it didnt charge and neither was it detected in computer... Found that I had interchanged the terminals... but other things work fine..

so seems like I have messed up things badly. Is there any solution for this??
maybe some short-circuit.
Sorry if it is posted in wrong thread... but it is related to extra power solution so I posted it here.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Reseda, California
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
In other "news" i bought a used (but very good condition) N900 a couple of days ago, and have now tested the stock (1320mAh) battery to confirm that it has not been used much.
Capacity of 1 year (lightly used) BL-5J original battery is now 1220mAh, so in 1 year (and lightly used) it has lost 100mAh (9%), now if it had been used like we use our N900 it would be much more, like at least 200-400mAh.

Conclusion, if you have a 1 year old battery and get a SCUD you will REALLY get a boost in battery life, for arguments sake lets say your battery has lost 200mAh then you will get 35% more battery out of the SCUD.
I can confirm this.
When I bought my second hand N900, it was also approximately a year old. The stock battery on it averages 1265mAh.
When I bought an extra BL-5J (Ebay, shipped from singapore), it consistently measured in at 1365mAh.
In contrast, I got lucky with my scud because it averages 1530mAh

The Following User Says Thank You to totalentropy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by avasz View Post
hello,

I was not brave enought to modify the hardware of my n900 so what I did was connected to 3000mah batteries in paralel, they produced about 5-6 volts. Conencted it to a usb-female port so that I can use it as Usb-based battery-powered backup charger. Tested it in usb mouse and usb speaker before connecting to n900, seems fine. Finally connected to n900.. nothing happened...
But later when I tried to charge n900 with its original charger.. it didnt charge and neither was it detected in computer... Found that I had interchanged the terminals... but other things work fine..

so seems like I have messed up things badly. Is there any solution for this??
maybe some short-circuit.
Sorry if it is posted in wrong thread... but it is related to extra power solution so I posted it here.
What you describe sounds like what i did to "destroy" my USB, of course my wrong doing was REVERSE power (+ to -), and then my USB didn't work, and that's why i made my external charging system.

Now what has gone wrong with yours (like mine), well im thinking it's the FUSE that got wasted.

Take a look here at what i did to fix it.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65568&page=22

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc