Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
Congrats LordSnick,

no Limited Edition Other Half for you either (yet)?

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway, Oslo
i didn'n order with toh, the €0 option was just the phone and nothing else

The Following User Says Thank You to LordSnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by trashin View Post
I suppose......I'll have to get a few shots of Scottish whiskey inside then decide if I still feel like an unwanted stepchild to Jolla

For Norway, I still feel like "I'm the LAST ONE".
I have never, ever waited so long for a tech gadget [to ship].

I feel your pain AMD, guess I won't leave this thread until both the phone and the limited other half has been received
Just wanted to make you feel better, other people are waiting too, and maybe will wait more than you
Hope you get it soon anyway.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
I'm pretty sure the tax-fiasco was corrected after 25th November. I paid my pre-order on 25th and had to pay the full price (€399), but when I checked back a few days later, the cost of the device had already been reduced to €312.

I've already written Jolla care about this, no response yet (though tbf I'm not in a hurry and not expecting to get a response either until the shipments are done).
Jolla Care got back to me yesterday about this and wrote that they will refund the double VAT

Need to send a copy of the customs declaration (with VAT invoice/receipt), my IBAN+BIC and it's settled!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Jolla Care got back to me yesterday about this and wrote that they will refund the double VAT

Need to send a copy of the customs declaration (with VAT invoice/receipt), my IBAN+BIC and it's settled!
Thanks for letting me know. Did you have to pay the Swiss VAT upfront or is there an invoice?

Originally Posted by argonius View Post
Thanks for letting me know. Did you have to pay the Swiss VAT upfront or is there an invoice?
I'll see that on Monday when the delivery arrives

But my past experience with FedEx deliveries from EU would suggest that there's an invoice arriving roughly a week later, haven't had to pay upfront so far.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ In the Arctic part of Norway
In Norway you pay duty tax before you're handed the parcel, at least if the Jolla delivery is done the same way as parcels from other EU countries.

The delivery driver will bring a handheld terminal to collect...

Originally Posted by trashin View Post
In Norway you pay duty tax before you're handed the parcel, at least if the Jolla delivery is done the same way as parcels from other EU countries.

The delivery driver will bring a handheld terminal to collect...
Same here if the delivery is done by Swiss Post, but the courier companies, such as FedEx or DHL, just send an invoice sometime later by post.

Hi,
I'm living in France and Jolla shipped my phone through Fedex. Unfortunately they did a mistake and gave me an invalid Fedex tracking number: "7.97383E+11" ; that looks like the number was copy-pasted to some Excel sheet where some digits were removed and replaced by this "exponent+11".

Now Fedex can't deliver my device until I give them some explanations about how to reach my door. The drama came when I called them and they asked for my Fedex tracking number, which I don't have!

I tried to get my tracking number from the "Track by reference" tab on Fedex website. But it says: not found. Unlucky me.
I posted a ticket to Jolla care for them to retrieve my Fedex number. It's been 10 days now, no news. So here I am, waiting...

It's so frustrating to know that my device is in Fedex's hand and they do really want to deliver it, but they just can't because of this 7.97383E+11 tracking number .