Notices

hey i tried it says no such file or directory while untaring it help please

The Following User Says Thank You to murtaza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by murtaza View Post
hey i tried it says no such file or directory while untaring it help please
Marshall should update his post, there is new ver of .tar but terminal command is with the previous one.
You check files names (the one You have to untar), and the path to this file (where You saved it on Your device). Copy and paste the file name. If You want write here where it is on N900, You will get the exact command.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Marshall should update his post, there is new ver of .tar but terminal command is with the previous one.
You check files names (the one You have to untar), and the path to this file (where You saved it on Your device). Copy and paste the file name. If You want write here where it is on N900, You will get the exact command.
hey i accidentally entered the second command before untaring it so my drop box won't start than i uninstalled it and still the authentication problem persists this didn't brick my device in any way right?

The Following User Says Thank You to murtaza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by murtaza View Post
hey i accidentally entered the second command before untaring it so my drop box won't start than i uninstalled it and still the authentication problem persists this didn't brick my device in any way right?
Relax man, You didn't brick Your device, take it easy.

Marshall wrote fast and easy "tutorial" on how to make Drop Box working on N900 now - it's all correct now (well but it's still up to You where You saved files to untar). So install DropN900 again, read instructions, enter commands, authenticate new app (I presume that You didn't get there yet), and enjoy it. When entering new command will give You an error, check it and do it again, remember to check paths to files You saved - you just placing files in folders with by untaring them to spec. location - so there is no reason to be worried.

For futher, I can advice You to install BackUp Menu - very handy, but still You have to use it with care.

Good luck.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
As the upload in extras-devel will need some more time i make a new version available here with two bugs fixed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I got DropN900 and authentication work fine thanks for Marshall Banana.
I have a little problem as it seems that it cannot save access token received from dropbox webpage so every time I start DropN900 client, it ask me to authenticate...Do I have some problem with permissions or is it this one 'python-setuptools' that I cannot install ?

-pakke

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pakke View Post
Hi,

I got DropN900 and authentication work fine thanks for Marshall Banana.
I have a little problem as it seems that it cannot save access token received from dropbox webpage so every time I start DropN900 client, it ask me to authenticate...Do I have some problem with permissions or is it this one 'python-setuptools' that I cannot install ?

-pakke
Hi pakke,
please check if the folder /home/user/.dropn900 exists. Open xterm and type
Code:
ls -ld /home/user/.dropn900/
, it should contain 2 files: settings.ini and token.ini, you can check in xterm with
Code:
ls -l /home/user/.dropn900/

If the folder and files are there it may be a permission problem, otherwise the problem can be caused by missing python-setuptools. I'll check it out later when im at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Hi again, Marshall! The package you put in extras-devel didn't install for me using regular means, because it replaces files that another package originally installed by "python-dropbox-client". It needed the --force-overwrite parameter.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
I was wondering about why DropN900 doesn't give any progress indication, percentage or anything, when up- or downloading? Is there a API-related reason or something similar to it that it can't be done or isn't plausible?

I know this isn't an app that's supposed to be used for stuff over 100MB in size, but still. Sometimes you have to transfer large files, and it's kind of a game of guessing now to know if the transfer's even still working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Hi Raimu, also tried installing old dropn900 from repo but could not. Would you please give me the code you used to install. I do not know how to use the --force-overwrite parameter. Thanx in advance.