Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Went to Fry's Electronics at their Tempe AZ location and noticed they had several 770's in their PDA section in those dandy plastic "security boxes" they put the expensive stuff in. Going for standard $399.99 price... Not sure if this is more widespread or not; I'll check the Indiana Fry's next week. Anyone else seen them in other Frys' stores?
This isn't very surprising given that Fry's has tended to carry non-mainstream devices, including the Zaurus SL-5500 and Agenda VR3.

Fry's!! All you people with Fry's!! I hate you.

Send one to NYC will you?!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by lbattraw
Went to Fry's Electronics at their Tempe AZ location
Hehe. I got the very last 512M RS-MMC card form that very same Fry's.

I don't recall seeing it when I went to look for rs-mmc at Fry's. Even that I couldn't get...they didn't have a 1gig. Just 512. But Fry's is cool...I can hang out there all day. Never been to J&R but bought few stuff from them online. I wonder how it compares to Fry's. All the salespeople are idiots at Fry's though...

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Tennessee
I am really grateful for this thread! The reference to Fry's led me to their website, which led me to Outpost.com, which led me to a page that showed the 770 IN STOCK for same day shipping! I've ordered one and should have it tomorrow, assuming the delivery gods smile upon me.
Even though I paid $399, I didn't have to pay tax, and the overnight shipping was about 13 bucks. So, I'm paying less overall than the price I have with CompUSA with tax and standard shipping, and slightly better than NokiaUSA, which charges tax!
According to the Outpost.com site, orders placed before midnight EST will ship that day.
So, CompUSA has been jerking me around, big time, so I'll cancel my order with them (if I get my 770 tomorrow!), and will also cancel the NokiaUSA order, since it isn't scheduled to ship until the 20th.
So, whoever posted this thread...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Well, Outpost.com has stuck it to me. Even though their website showed the 770 IN STOCK and available for immediate shipment (and still does this morning, by the way), mine is backordered. When I called to check this morning, the rep said they had expected a shipment on 12/27, which didn't come in. Ok, says I, why does your website still show it as in stock? No answer. So, I cancelled my order. I have dealt with Outpost.com in the past and seemed to remember it as a mostly favorable experience. However, this has put me on my guard. It seems to me they've had plenty of time to change the availabilty on their website. I guess I won't be shopping there anymore.
Anyway, if I got anyone's hopes up (other than my own!!, I apologize.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
It's probably at all Fry's locations.
These ads are pretty consistant across locations.

Have you tried compUSA. They have it for 349 now. I bought mine at 359.

Live via 770:

At J&R, the salespeople are either goofball layabouts or eager sharks (I guess the latter want to keep their jobs!). It's not a hangout place, though.

noknok770,

Unfortunately, the CompUSA webstore price is right, but they don't have any units. I have one ordered from them, but I have no idea if, or when it will ship. Alas, there are no Fry's or CompUSA stores anywhere near me. So, I've hedged my bets--I'm keeping the CompUSA one on order in case they actually get stock; and I've got one on order with Nokia USA.com which should ship on the 20th.

It sucks being an early adopter!