Active Topics

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
does the tiltstick use the same format and sysfs entries as the built in commands?
No, it doesn't. But the page now says that there'll perhaps be a library.

Last edited by Master of Gizmo; 2009-06-15 at 19:37.

The enigma game is now in fremantle extras-devel and includes accelerometer support.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
The enigma game is now in fremantle extras-devel and includes accelerometer support.
And works in a real device with great precision! I benchmarked yesterday with a device and 2 users without NDA: my 2 and 4 year old kids. It was the first time they played anything like this and they did move the device naturally based on their knowledge on real gravity. They even got through the levels 1 and 2!

My big son asked me whether that was a real ball.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
My big son asked me whether that was a real ball.
It amazing how kids perceive the world at that age, makes you wonder what we can learn from them

The Following User Says Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
How enigma is using the accelerometer? Is it using it through libtiltstick?

Accelerometer really needs some documentation. The wiki page doesn't count as documentation atm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Indeed, I've got a great idea for a simple app using the accelerometers; but am unsure whether it's best to poll the sysfs interface directly, or some other mechanism.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please file a bug for the lack of official documentation on how to use the accelerometers. I put together the wiki page as a temporary solution.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Please file a bug for the lack of official documentation on how to use the accelerometers. I put together the wiki page as a temporary solution.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4724

Feel free to add more specific requests on the documentation that should be provided.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
It was the first time they played anything like this and they did move the device naturally based on their knowledge on real gravity.
Never played with an iPhone or Wii have they? My 3 year old cousin loves to play that ball game on his dad's iPhone...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
How enigma is using the accelerometer? Is it using it through libtiltstick?
Nope, i just polls the sysfs. I completely removed tiltstick support as only 2 or 3 devices ever had the necessary hardware.

But i agree that some generic tilt sensor solution is required which may then again include support for the tiltstick.

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Tags
accelerometer, fremantle