Active Topics

that depends on how much you know about electronics and soldering.. if you feel confident and you have tryied EVERYTHING, besides of taking it to nokia for them to test...
i mean, you NEED to be 100% sure it is a hardware issue..
and if you are out of guaranty or you dont care to loose it..

i guess you could give it a try.. after all... n900 IS a hacker's phone right ?

good luck with that, let us know how it goes. If you do change the accelerometer, it would be awesome if you could take some pictures and a walkthrough of the whole process..

Did you tried to remove battery for 2 minutes ? Maybe is bugged , also you could run the healthcheck application and if none of these 2 methods works , reflash .

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...79#post1039679 this is my thread since i have some missing files...

dragoss91, will do a healthcheck right now (didnt know this app, thanks for that) and will post my results.

Are you positive that reflashing is the only solution (im trying not to get there.. hehe).

If reflashing is the last solution , you should do it , of course if you care about accelerometer .

I am also experiencing the same problem of the accelerometer as when I try to view images by rotating it does not work and also the browser too plz help me it happened form 2 days before I tried rebooting and also removed the battery still not working. I installed the wireshark application and after that this problem started but now I removed it but still the problem persists plz some one help me!!

And I also used healthcheck application it shows no result I mean no x-value and no y-value

plz help

so should I reinstall the firmware!!

Last edited by Darkone; 2011-06-27 at 17:13.

ok, Dragoss91, i have done everything i could.. and yes, i will have to reflash..

I also didnt have any response from the device on healthcheck.. not after installing, after rebooting or after removing battery for a few minutes..

Im following a tutorial.. i dont have the link right now, but just in case, do you know, have, etc a good followup guide on flashing n900? A proven one if you will..

thanks in advace

Last edited by manco1911; 2011-06-27 at 17:44. Reason: missing results

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
mirciox, thanks for your answer.
i just flashed the whole thing, device + eMMC... a complete flash.

But it seems not to be working.. i dont know what else to do right now...
is it posible to be a hardware failure ? how can i test that ?

please remember i have files missing:
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-001d/$ls
bus, modalias, name, power, subsystem, uevent

comparing to another n900.. there should be a bunch more files.. including "coord"..

if you need any more info.. please just ask
thanks in advance to all....

Last edited by manco1911; 2011-06-27 at 23:08. Reason: added details

Those files are for accelerometer , I have no idea why they are missing after you reflashed it . Wait for answers of people with more knowledge than me , I am pretty noob .

yes, i know but i think this files are related on the loading of the accelerometer.... its like its not loading at all.
the missing files i think are not configuration files, but display files for accelerometer data... like the "coord" file..

Tags
accelerometer, n900, nokia, sensor