Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Yeah flash the emmc and it will come back

I see thats not an option as you have valuble data on it, try that when you plug the phone into the pc do u get the box on the screen saying pc suite or mass mem? try mass memory see if the drive shows up in the pc, if so get all ur data backed up, then flash the emmc

i know flashing can get it back, but i m worried about my data on it and my pictures and videos...

Is there any way i can get it back without flashing it?
All Linux Gurus, help me out here

Like i said plug it into the pc and select mass storage then take your data off it, better yet if u can access the drive via the pc id suggest go to my computer right click the n900 and click safley remove device, this may well bring it back up on the n900

That was the first step i tried before starting this thread...

When i connect to my PC it shows 2 removable disks, but when you click on the phone memory it brings "please insert Disk into Drive"

i can open my 2 GB memory card from PC

Hi! Thanks for posting the outputs... Seems like your fstab is ok and it's trying to mount MyDocs on startup and on what I can see is /dev/mmcblk0p1 is having some issues which causes it to fail to mount. And another question... Did you reformat MyDocs using a PC? What I had in mind is you might have formatted it to exfat or something else...

So for now could you download this fdisk I will attach?
download it then extract, become root, copy fdisk to /usr/sbin, then do chmod 777 /usr/sbin/fdisk then type fdisk then when you're in fdisk console type p enter and paste here output
Attached Files
File Type: zip fdisk.zip (42.4 KB, 75 views)

Ok well unlucky, im out of ideas, good luck with it, but im leaning towards flashing emmc.

If its a problem with Maemo which i doubt it is, you could always flash the fiasco without touching your Emmc and see if the drive appears back there....

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hi! Thanks for posting the outputs... Seems like your fstab is ok and it's trying to mount MyDocs on startup and on what I can see is /dev/mmcblk0p1 is having some issues which causes it to fail to mount. And another question... Did you reformat MyDocs using a PC? What I had in mind is you might have formatted it to exfat or something else...

So for now could you download this fdisk I will attach?
download it then extract, become root, copy fdisk to /usr/sbin, then do chmod 777 /usr/sbin/fdisk then type fdisk then when you're in fdisk console type p enter and paste here output

Thank you Radicalz... i will try and give you the O/P

I can tell you how this has happend

My 900 was connected to the PC and i got a sms on the phone which i opened and read. Then on PC i got this message box saying "please insert a disk into the Drive"

I have never tried to format the emmc

Sure I'll wait

I m sorry Radicalz,

I have extracted and copied the file to my memory card
and i dont know how i copy that to /usr/sbin

if am not asking too much can you guide me?

thanks