Maybe i have to check out partions on my NOKIA N9 ? The problem began when i push on "Full Clear" in Setting. The phone began to clear (deleate all media files) then it shut down. When i press the Power buttion, there were only NOKIA logo and nothing else, i tryed to reset/upgrade it by Phoenix, Flasher, there are no results, just this error witch "bb5..." Is anybody know what can i do?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Op3n View Post
Maybe i have to check out partions on my NOKIA N9 ? The problem began when i push on "Full Clear" in Setting. The phone began to clear (deleate all media files) then it shut down. When i press the Power buttion, there were only NOKIA logo and nothing else, i tryed to reset/upgrade it by Phoenix, Flasher, there are no results, just this error witch "bb5..." Is anybody know what can i do?
there is also possibility that your flash is just broken (it happens sometimes), in which case you need to take the device to nokia care.

Or you could try adding -c to flashing command (cold flash should repartition the device).

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-14 at 21:26.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
there is also possibility that your flash is just broken (it happens sometimes), in which case you need to take the device to nokia care.

Or you could try adding -c to flashing command (cold flash should repartition the device).
cold flash doesn't work too. it seems like when a begen "Full Clear" by Setting menu, the device began formating, and maybe the partions are now not in format we needed ( i mean FAT32), how can i check the partions on this phone ? is it nessesary to instal Lunix (Ubunutu) i'm using Windows 7 now...

dudes form Nokia Care said that they don't know what to do (we don't have suck deep equipment, only in Moscow ( i'm living in Saint-Petersburg).

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
cold flash doesn't work too. it seems like when a begen "Full Clear" by Setting menu, the device began formating, and maybe the partions are now not in format we needed ( i mean FAT32), how can i check the partions on this phone ? is it nessesary to instal Lunix (Ubunutu) i'm using Windows 7 now...

dudes form Nokia Care said that they don't know what to do (we don't have suck deep equipment, only in Moscow ( i'm living in Saint-Petersburg).
In your 1st post you said you "downloaded Flasher and DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin". If you haven't since then downloaded the emmc file and tried flashing both the firmware and the emmc, I think you should do so now. Full instructions are here,you need to do what's been described as a comprehensive reset. ie.:

Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin  
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
where main.bin is the firmware file you already downloaded, and emmc.bin is the relevant emmc file for your phone.

Last edited by mrsellout; 2012-03-15 at 15:09. Reason: Poor formatting

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
In your 1st post you said you "downloaded Flasher and DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin". If you haven't since then downloaded the emmc file and tried flashing both the firmware and the emmc, I think you should do so now. Full instructions are here,you need to do what's been described as a comprehensive reset. ie.:

Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
where main.bin is the firmware file you already downloaded, and emmc.bin is the relevant emmc file for your phone.
Just FYI, that command is for doing the eMMC only (not both).

Edit: Oops, should have paid closer attention to the formatting (see below)

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-03-16 at 04:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Just FYI, that command is for doing the eMMC only (not both).
Corrected the formatting now - I copied the commands from your post but didn't put the code tags around them and so it squashed them both onto one line.

Is anybody know how to get access to the FIle System by using Windows or Mac ? i have never used an a Lunix system...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Is anybody know how to get access to the FIle System by using Windows or Mac ? i have never used an a Lunix system...
To flash the N9?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
So I installed sailfish today... the OS was a bit unusable... typing and stuff was horrible. Couldn't stick with it.. wanted to go back to MeeGo. To my dismay I found out that meego is reporting that the sim is invalid.

I've been trying to flash/repartition the thing since then, though unsuccessful. I've tried everything that's been told here.
1)I can't get gparted/parted to show all partitions on N9
2) unable to flash/cold flash
3) referred to http://www.thegadgetfreak.net/2012/0...ioning-n9.html, no help. The N950 recovery files don't end up mounting the partitions. my N9 just freezes in the scary boot note.

Any other bright ideas any one?

[EDIT] : Ignore this post. the answer was "--no-preserve"

Last edited by dak_sriv; 2013-12-24 at 01:57.

Originally Posted by dak_sriv View Post
So I installed sailfish today... the OS was a bit unusable... typing and stuff was horrible. Couldn't stick with it.. wanted to go back to MeeGo. To my dismay I found out that meego is reporting that the sim is invalid.

I've been trying to flash/repartition the thing since then, though unsuccessful. I've tried everything that's been told here.
1)I can't get gparted/parted to show all partitions on N9
2) unable to flash/cold flash
3) referred to http://www.thegadgetfreak.net/2012/0...ioning-n9.html, no help. The N950 recovery files don't end up mounting the partitions. my N9 just freezes in the scary boot note.

Any other bright ideas any one?
Try:
flasher -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -f --no-preserve

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post: