weres the confirmation that 3.0 isn't coming to the n9?

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
weres the confirmation that 3.0 isn't coming to the n9?
Nowhere. But neither there is a confirmation that it will come.

The only thing we can do is still wait and see.

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Nowhere. But neither there is a confirmation that it will come.

The only thing we can do is still wait and see.
You'll get old quite fast waiting for the update considering N900's maps situation. It never got updated, it actually had features removed.

Hi all N9 Nokia Drive folks,

I just want to ask if anyone realise that the speed limit alert function of Nokia Drive in PR1.2 is only flashing on the screen instead of flashing on screen and a sound alert? My one only has red flashing and if you're driving and concentrate on the road, you wouldn't get it. Are all of yours are the same or my one is not working probably?
And if anyone has a clue how to extract the speed camera alert things from other Nokia symbian devices to N9? My old E71 got speed limit alert and speed camera sound alert whilst the newer N9 hasn't!!!

Mine is the same. To be honest Nokia Drive on the N9 is very basic when compared to Symbian(certainly the more recent releases anyway, my E7 Drive is far more feature rich!).

Personally I don't view the N9 as a particularly useful sat nav device, it can certainly get you by, but it's too basic for my needs(not to mention poor routing), is why I still keep my trusty old E7 with Sygic GPS.

Originally Posted by hoanhothangbom View Post
anyone realise that the speed limit alert function of Nokia Drive in PR1.2 is only flashing on the screen instead of flashing on screen and a sound alert?
I'm on PR1.2 (updated as soon as phone was out of box), and it has both the sound and on-screen alert for the speed limit.

So I guess my Drive application is not working properly, or it's missing data or something. Anyone know how to reinstall drive with a clean database, like the folder cities or something in storagecard?

Does anyone know if I can delete the whole "cities" folder in /home/user/mydocs. Then uninstall, and reinstall the Drive app by N9 QTweak would fix the problem?
Thanks

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
mine also makes alerting sound when past the speed limit...
I`d say do complete flash...