Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by vickyg View Post
for god sake this is open source world there is noting called "leaked" in opensource world. If nokia want to keep such secrets then it will be better to stick with there crap phone. Why the hell they released a opensource phone when they don't understand what opensource is..
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ South Wales, UK
Hey,

has anyone tried sending your contacts to a bluetooth car kit or head unit yet?

this could make or break it for me.

Last edited by N.Howell; 2010-05-03 at 10:18.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
I'd like to address the situation of people who have flashed to the leaked PR1.2 and now have problems going back to PR1.1.1
Bare with me as I explain and make my point clear.
correction: address your own personal screw-up

ALL of them are risky, all of them require some bravery, and ALL can lead to unexpected problems.
Then stop moaning like a spoilt child.

- I'd expect nokia to get their act together and maybe post on maemo.org a letter of warning that irreversible things can happen, with examples, cause we are not stupid people.
Not necessary..... they did not approve that leaked PR1.2

- And yes, there was an ample dose of STUPIDITY.
Are you speaking for all or yourself ?

Do I regret doing it? - Yes.
There are many others who do not share your opinions and conclusion....

You almost sound like a child who has flashed his dad's phone without seeking permission and is now dreading the repercussions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fixfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
@vickyg exactly what iam thinking i bought the n900 couse its OPEN SOURCE like anybody told us before Nokia or the Meamo Community and now i have to complain about Strategy from Nokia why they dont give Informations and getting called a whiner.. I guess anybody should know what OPEN SOURCE means?

And again i have to say that i thought that the Maemo Council is connected to the Nokia HQ and be able to give some Informations to there Community. And we all have to stop now to call each other fanboy, whiner, troll we are all N900 Users and not a least Buyers arent we?

Maybe my Comment will be banned now too?

best regards Crown

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crown77 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
for god sake this is open source world there is noting called "leaked" in opensource world. If nokia want to keep such secrets then it will be better to stick with there crap phone. why the hell they released a Opensource phone when they don't understand what opensource is..
It's not a secret. It's unfinished. That's the problem.

It was considered a leak because it's unfinished. If it were an OS or library update, apt-get update all day. Those still have to be committed before you can update.

This was a phone firmware revision that was unfinished. Nothing to do with opensource - there are updates for Maemo5 OS that once are finalized, they're committed and you can get them. But this is a firmware update for the phone... slight difference, especially when it's unfinished as it seems to be.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
I wasn't suggesting that 20101103 was from the version number, that string is visible within the file not as part of the name.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If you eat an uncooked meal, you will most likely get stomachache.

However open the kitchen is, ask the cook.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
for god sake this is open source world there is noting called "leaked" in opensource world. If nokia want to keep such secrets then it will be better to stick with there crap phone. why the hell they released a Opensource phone when they don't understand what opensource is..
Well technically this is more Ajar Source; some parts are open and some parts are closed. Furthermore, just because something is open source, the authors shouldn't feel pressured to release it until they feel it's ready.

"Where's that code you said you were writing?
"Actually, I'm not done; there are so many bugs I'd be embarrassed to see it in the wild.
"You suck and don't understand what open source is!
"O Rly? In that case I won't bother finishing it, so it'll never be released.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
The way I read the firmware version number here is, like Venemo suggests:

RX-51_2009SE_10. 2010 Week 12 Build 9 Public Release... I have no idea what MR stands for but MR0 would be something like Mobile/Marketing Region 0 - Global.

However, the date you found would suggest week 10.

Last edited by volt; 2010-05-03 at 10:32.

Oh dear - here we go again!

Chill out guys and just let it lie.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nexus_7 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality