Closed Thread
Hey, cheers for the cool stuff to play with.
I was just wondering about the overall structure of what is going on when I am running either the applications in maemo that require easy debian, or when I am in the IceWM. What is (in newb terms) being done.
I am a linux newb, and this is just confusing me a bit, is this debian stuff just a really nice wrapper of Maemo, and why is maemo still required and not this just a full install?
One last question, I have had problem with in Maemo is connecting to my Universities Wireless network, others have had difficulty with this too.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=17823
I was just wondering if through this package it would be possible to fix this, in a typical way you would on Debian(I have friends with Ubuntu laptops that can connect).

Other than that, this has really made my week finding this easy debian stuff, Epic Win.

SO MUCH COOL STUFF!

After I resized the image file, I installed Gnome and it works far better than I ever expected. Firefox/IceWeasel works just as well as Microb (the Grab and Drag extension is great). Nautilus works wonderfully too, so I can now access my server's files easily over ssh, just like from my desktop. I can't wait to mess with this more.

Ah, can the N810's keyboard use it's function buttons somehow? That's the only thing that is killing me, atm.

Thanks again for all your work, Qole, it is very much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
Ah, can the N810's keyboard use it's function buttons somehow? That's the only thing that is killing me, atm.
There should be an xmodmap somewhere that you can run.. or use the one in my Sig (should be the one Qole uses).

You have to setup to run xmodmap <path to xmodmap> at gnome startup.. i forget where to put that however.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You should have an xmodmap in your home directory already. It uses fatalsaint's stuff.
Code:
xmodmap /home/user/.Xmodmap-keymap

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ In Soviet Russia
Hi, Im using debian on my n800. I installing libgtkstylus for right click, its work well in xfce and other GTK apps. I want using rox-desktop, but rigth click dosen' t work in rox-filler, and this app unusable...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The new Easy Debian uses LXDE; this is the best way to go, since right-click works everywhere in it.

I'm having a great time with Easy Debian running on my N800.

Only problem is somehow I've disabled the "Toggle Moveable Windows" function (I can see it's still installed but pressing the minus /zoom keys no longer works) I think it happened after trying to do a performance boosting tweak(?)

Any help for this beginner would really be appreciated...

If you activated the "Debian HW Keys" menu item, the minus key does double duty as a key for enabling the virtual keyboard or making non-Hildon apps full screen. Try pressing the minus key twice. If that doesn't work, try shutting down your tablet and starting it up again, that should fix any strangeness with your keys.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Thanks very much for the solution Qole - another case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" (in my case!)

Your efforts have made the tablet(s) a truly fantastic device.

How can I save open office docs to the removable drive? I can't seem to get Debian to see it, but it sees the main n810 drive...

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, easy debian, obsolete