Posts: 33 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Hong Kong
Hi,

over time my N900 has been getting slower and slower to recognise my headset, until a week or so ago it stopped recognising a headset being plugged in at all. I searched everywhere and clearly plenty of people have had a similar problem, I tried dmesg which showed the headset being plugged un-plugged but the icon on screen never showed. I looked at the Nokia manual showing an N900 being dismantled and noticed that the headphone jack is not soldered to the main PCB but has sprung contacts, living in Hong Kong I have had lots of problems with humidity killing electronic devices so I took mine apart and sure enough the (copper?) contacts where green, a quick clean with contact cleaner and carefully bending up the contacts on the jack and it's sorted! Headphones recognised and the icon shows up within a second, hopefully this will be useful for some people,

J

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rm250j For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
i have that problem but in my N9 , i must plug it slowly to get worked , when plug it slowly , u will hear some noise in headphone so its mean that working

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Hong Kong
Hmm,I have no idea on the build of the N9 but there was no audible noise through the headphones when inserting the plug so I don't think it's the same issue,

J