Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Nokia have a dual core A9 1.2 GHz ready. It has been run with MeeGo, Symbian and Android, and who knows what else, WP7?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I cant wait for Friday Nokia is going to shock (in a good way ) everyone, just you wait
It depends if you want WP7 so yes if you want Meego no... I have trusted sources...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Thanks for that. That job posting says exactly what kind of MS ties are being developed (emphasis mine): Under the terms of the agreement, the two companies will begin collaborating immediately on the design, development and sales/marketing of productivity solutions for the mobile professional, bringing Microsoft Office Mobile and Microsoft business communications, collaboration and device management software to Nokia’s Symbian devices. These solutions will be available for a broad range of Nokia smartphones starting with the company’s business optimized range, Nokia E series.(snip for brevity)
It does state many things clearly. Problem is, very carefully, only Symbian in mentioned by name and there is no mention of any other OS at all. It doesn't exclude or include MeeGo directly or indirectly, so it doesn't answer the MeeGo question at all. So is MeeGo to be left out of this partnership, either by M$ simply ignoring it or is Nokia gonna eliminate it? This doesn't say.

As I've said before and I truly believe it, M$ will never allow it's core services or software to run on Linux. It will NEVER happen. Not over Monkey Boy Ballmer's dead, cold body. M$ will always consider Linux to be a disease. So MeeGo, if it survives at Nokia, will be excluded from this collaboration with M$.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2011-02-09 at 22:27.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Bah, people are holding out saying that this is a hoax, that WP7 isn't the future (it was never mentioned btw) to whatever... simple and plain, deal with the possibility that ultimately Nokia is in need of turning their ship around a whole lot more quickly than they have been trying to do so far.

MeeGo still isn't ready to ship. It's built upon Maemo, which has been out since the 770. The fact that Maemo started and stopped so many times is nobody's fault than Nokia. Heck, Moblin has been around for a while as well. The shifts, the decisions, the lack of a deliverable are all indicative of pieces of this situation being more true than false.

Symbian being a great seller? From the lower priced categories to the higher priced categories, it's finding itself being stranded more and more in the middle with no desktop software that people actually look forward to using. OVI Suite is horrible. To say that it's improved is much akin to saying that it should have been where it is at now 2+ years ago.

Comes with Music... that's been discontinued. It wasn't exactly a blockbuster. NGage? Also discontinued... twice. LifeBlog? Never got the push earlier when it was a pioneer, it's too late now.

So what desktop client to phone type of integration is there? What phone services do they have in place that people scream out for?

And what phone OS does Nokia possess that's out, touchable and purchasable in a final form do they have that people place above others or use in comparisons? None really.

MeeGo is a "should have, could have, would have" just like Maemo. Maemo was a true innovation that Nokia just never capitalized on somehow. The world caught up to their 770's and N810's... and by the time the N900 came out, the world was already talking about what's next. And yet, Nokia has produced nothing next other than shown that it's the safe haven for emulators, NITDroid and people that just love hacking stuff because they can.

Which is cool. But that group doesn't equate to even enough to keep Nokia afloat.

Mass-marketed devices, while shunned by this group here, grow a company. And that's not the case with anything that's Nokia done outside of the 5800 - as far as I'd probably admit, Nokia's last blockbuster phone.

But is it the end of Nokia? Not by a long shot. One of the biggest and best patent holders out there. And it's not like innovation escaped Nokia, it's just not being implemented at the moment.

And that's what I read. Nokia is in a bind, time to do what they do best.

And do it fast.

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-02-09 at 22:36. Reason: Didn't close a bold tag...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
It depends if you want WP7 so yes if you want Meego no... I have trusted sources...
I am calling BS on that

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
OVI Suite is horrible.
I personally have a deep-seated hatred for all bloated syncing software. It is at least optional for Symbian and Maemo devices. If WP7 requires the use of such software, then that alone is enough to prevent me purchasing a WP7 device.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Omg wtf wp7!?

really wp7?

Nokia want to Blue Screen Of Death + Reboot

why? Trojan horse

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by u2maemo View Post
really wp7?

Nokia want to Blue Screen Of Death + Reboot

why? Trojan horse
Latest Windoze touchscreen device:

My website

GitHub

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Straight from Q's twitter:

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob...=jobs_share_tw
Interaction / Visual Designer — MeeGo
Nokia - Sunnyvale, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
We are looking for individuals with the courage and endurance to win the battles that others could not win. About the position:The ideal candidate for this position will be on the cutting-edge of user experience definition for MeeGo devices.
Whatever Elop-info has been leaking fits perfectly into Nokias pattern of screwing up whenever the media is around.

Last edited by volt; 2011-02-09 at 23:17.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org