Only noticed this happening since the update

If I edit one of the desktop widgets (actually its the media player one which keeps messing up) and remove that widget, I then lose all the personal ones I have added (on different desktops)
These are the IP Address, CPU, Data Planner and OMWeather

All the factory default ones stay though

indicating that there are potentially 2 settings files for desktops, one factory default one and one that gets created when you add your own and somehow when you delete a widget (media player in my case) it removes them all bar the factory default ones

a bit like windows and its profiles of all users and your own personal one

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Got the same problem... I always have to readd other widgets, because the media player widget is not working every 4th time, so if I remove and readd it, Conversations Inbox widget is gone, also the FM Button ON thing, etc.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I've noticed my widgets disappear every once in awhile as well.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Me too, I just had bounce evolution shortcut and the person data monitor widget vanish whilst the phone was locked and screen off, with no apps running.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... same here ... omweather and dataplan disappear each time I reset the mediaplayer ...

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
no problem here
o.O

my problem's a little different. i notice it when i play music. after a while i would go back to desktop and find all my widgets dissappeared except the media player

I also had a similar problem... the media player crashed while playing an incompatible video file and all widgets disappeared. However, when I restarted the phone, the default ones reappeared while the others manually added were gone...

media player widget also causes the phone to slow down seriously.

mine have all disappeared once since the update. Can't remember how it happened. when I tried to add new ones they just wouldn't show on the desktop either and the ones that disappeared were no longer even available in the add to desktop option. When I switched my phone off then back on it fixed the problem though I still had to re-add the widgets.