Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
they dont have 2 steps though, but if it worked like on screen button I guess it would work

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
whats ur guess
Well, to be considered "a first" in a mobile phone camera, there are only few things that comes to mind that will be useful:

1. Fast continuous shots. Possibly 2fps+ full-res burst mode and 5fps+ @ lower-res.
2. Take photos while recording a video. (not as useful/amazing)
3. Infra-red night vision (but N9 doesn't have IR LED's...)
4. Super high ISO support e.g. ISO 6400 (umm, VERY unlikely)
5. High-FPS slow-motion video recording. (maybe like 120fps?)
6. Full manual exposure control (but N9 doesn't have variable aperture lense?)

There are few others but I already know the answer to it or it's just technically not possible on the N9. (and some stuff I haven't even thought of) So yeah, I would say #1 is the highest probability. No idea what other phones are capable of but I don't recall a phone with faster than 2fps+ full-res continuous shots. Do you? If not, #5 is possible also. I guess it'll be useful for golfers like me as you can record your swing and watch it frame by frame with much more detail. Anyways, this is all just a wild guess BTW.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-11-12 at 21:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Well, to be considered "a first" in a mobile phone camera, there are only few things that comes to mind that will be useful:

1. Fast continuous shots. Possibly 2fps+ full-res burst mode and 5fps+ @ lower-res.

There are few others but I already know the answer to it or it's just technically not possible on the N9. (and some stuff I haven't even thought of) So yeah, I would say #1 is the highest probability. No idea what other phones are capable of but I don't recall a phone with faster than 2fps+ full-res continuous shots. Do you? If not, #5 is possible also. I guess it'll be useful for golfers like me as you can record your swing and watch it frame by frame with much more detail. Anyways, this is all just a wild guess BTW.
Why not RAW image support?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
New, improved N9 camera:

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Why not RAW image support?
Yeah, RAW support is easy enough to guess I guess.
Not sure if it's a first though as other phones an do this already.
Also, not many "average" users will find it as useful for day to day use.
(as it requires more post-processing on the PC usually)

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Yeah, RAW support is easy enough to guess I guess.
Not sure if it's a first though as other phones an do this already.
Also, not many "average" users will find it as useful for day to day use.
(as it requires more post-processing on the PC usually)
Well, for casual use, you can do adequate processing of your N900 RAWs in the GIMP right on N900 -- but I guess you knew that. (Pros will want Adobe, but they'll also use real cameras.)

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia

Along with an option for manually adjustable shutter speed with support of upto 3 secs, manual focus and color tone like in fcamera. Support for HDR, time lapse would be awesome . But first Damien has to do a good upgrade on the software part to better the outcome of what is already available now rather than just picking on iPhone camera hardware. Hopefully PR1.2 is an anser to this..

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Mauritius

Photo taken a 2 days ago. Quite cloudy. ISO 100, 1/1000s. The amount of noise is just incredible!
Same cloudy conditions, I take a macro photo (low amount of noise) & a landscape photo (very noisy). N9 definitely has some problem gathering light. Nowhere comparable with the N8.

One more thing, can we please have burst mode? Or at least remove the animation that appears when taking a photo? The on-screen shutter button disappears & I have to wait before taking another photo.

Last edited by cm6; 2011-11-13 at 09:58.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London

1. This would be welcome.
2. Don't see much use for this but why not?
3. Yes doubt it.
4. Unsure
5. This would be superb. Never thought id use this but it could be a great feature.

For me the key updates would be those that make the camera act like a proper 8mp, with a low f stop. It need to improve its performance in all light conditions. Nokia also need to remove the cloudy/hazy look that its camera's suffer from.

Also, the auto fix function in the camera is rubbish. It works sometimes and at other times make the photo look artificial. E.g.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cm6 View Post
One more thing, can we please have burst mode? Or at least remove the animation that appears when taking a photo? The on-screen shutter button disappears & I have to wait before taking another photo.
Removing the animation won''t help here. You just need burst mode. Hope it will come