Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
One more question , will they replace my phone or just fix it ? If they replace it , I will send .
Most likely they have the ability to downgrade the software to a stable version, what difference does it make to you?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

One more question , will they replace my phone or just fix it ? If they replace it , I will send .
I think they will fix it. There has been instructions for Nokia service somewhere around here to replace components, and there is no reason why they wouldn't try to do that first.

Now to think about it mine hasn't crashed not once, although I saw some weird things with pr1.0. And this is over a month of heavy use, so unfortunately yours definitely needs repair.

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I think they will fix it. There has been instructions for Nokia service somewhere around here to replace components, and there is no reason why they wouldn't try to do that first.

Now to think about it mine hasn't crashed not once, although I saw some weird things with pr1.0. And this is over a month of heavy use, so unfortunately yours definitely needs repair.
If you read his original post you will see he installed an incorrect firmware version for his phone

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I don't think it's because of PR1.1.1 because it has this problem since day 1 .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
If you read his original post you will see he installed an incorrect firmware version for his phone
Yes, I noticed that.

He mentioned "and it's still getting random reboots", so I interpreted it as that he had reboots before the flashing too...

With N900 two years back me and my colleague troubleshooted one that was unstable for a week; in the end it just turned out that we found out about the powersaving calibration error that could've been curable with later firmware versions, but it'd have taken at least two months (next release) to prove that it'd have helped in the first place.
Powersaving features causes lots of problems in servers, so it is no wonder that a chip can be badly calibrated or plain faulty in phones too.

Waiting for a new firmware would have been two months for him with one or two reboots per day, while mine was solid. And there was no any kind of guarantee that it'd have helped. It was over much faster by letting Nokia care handle it, even if it took some many days to get it back, so that's why I think you shouldn't torture yourself with trying to troubleshoot it too far.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
I've noticed something weird with system info app , when I close applications , they do not return 100% of the memory they used to run and swap memory is almost untouched . Here are some pics of system info before and after launching an app .

Before launching NFS

Closed it after 1 minute and checked system info

Attached Images

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2011-12-22 at 01:08.

I don't think it's because of PR1.1.1 because it has this problem since day 1 .
Ohhh I seee, well yes, dont mention the flashing to 1.1.1, just send it in saying that it has random reboots, and they will replace the device

My Contributions

This is a question you best ask your local service centre instead of this forum. I think there's a very slim chance you will get a 1 to 1 replacement and they will most probably fix it.

If you don't want to get it fixed you have a barely usable phone so it's your choice.

Last edited by SamGan; 2011-12-22 at 06:00.

I went today at nokia care and they told me "it's ok , it needs a reflash" (LOL) then I told them I already did this so I will send it after new year eve .