Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think this forum has got a great waste drainage system...

...almost all threads can go down the drain within hours time
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Who is Chuck Norris? What is a Texas Ranger? Is this something like our Kindergarden Cop?

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
Who is Chuck Norris? What is a Texas Ranger? Is this something like our Kindergarden Cop?
Chuck Norris is a martial arts enthusiast who played the role of a Texas Ranger, a member of law enforcement (not to be confused with keeping the peace). He is the epitome of in control, always right, macho. For example "When Chuck Norris falls into a pool he doesn't get wet - the pool gets Chuck Norris'd."

What any of this has to do with a leak at Nokia is beyond me. I will add that I recently acquired an SU-8W. When I popped out the old batteries when they died I saw the serial number 000056 and that it was marked prototype. That is the fourth time I've acquired a prototype Nokia device over the internet without knowing before hand it was a prototype when I purchased it The bozo who broke into my house in February walked off with the first three, a 6290 and two 7376 T-Mobile devices. All of these devices were crippled to a certain extent, failing to boot past the Nokia screen for example so I know who ever took them is going to be highly unhappy that I keep such "junk" lying around.

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
Why don't you leave California and come over here to Texas, where law enforcement is much more civilized.
Ahahahahahahahhahahhaha*gasp*ahahahahahahahhahahah ah!
ha...
ah...

Sorry, I just found that really, really funny.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@ossipena: whatever the motivations, they need to make sure people are afraid of following this guy's footsteps... 3000 Euro for 98 phones? That makes it just under 30 Euro per phone, let alone the 55 prototypes out of all that.

This is blatant mismanagement...
as I said. big nokia suing small human being and ruining the rest of ones life would be evil, wouldn't it?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hell. At this rate, it's cheaper to still from Nokia to find out the future products than it is to keep buying their products only to find out it might/might not get support a year or so later.

Yay looting!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Just somehow nuked 8 hours of me typing a post here between movies because the company that made this keyboard stuck too many important keys next to the regular ones.

I have no idea how I just nuked the last 8 hours of my life. That is total fail.

Lesson learned = Can I please f'n get an alphabetical keyboard with important keys F'N separate from what I'm typing because sometimes I drink alcohol? I might hit a wrong key/s.

Uhm is that so f'n hard?
Have teenagers working in your company designing the keyboards?
I don't know what keyboard you're talking about (PC? N900?) but I had one of those cheap $5 PC keyboards that had an extra row of keys between the arrows and the del/end/pgdn etc keys. Those keys were POWER, SLEEP and something else stupid. Placed in the worst possible location. I had another cheap keyboard with the same extra row, but instead they shifted the ins/dec/home/end/pgup/pgdn down, and put the power/sleep keys on the top row. My solution in both cases involved removing keys.

1st keyboard, use flat-head screwdrive to remove the keys. If rubber dome is still existing, put tape over it so you can never press it. Problem solved.

2nd keyboard, same thing, but remove all 9 of those keys and replace the "good" keys up 1 row where they belong, then remap the key definitions so those keys are back where they belong. (Depending on your operating system this is done in different ways)

If you've using one of those crazy "Multimedia keyboards" with a dozen extra buttons all over, or any recent Microsoft keyboard, then I don't know if there's any way to save it physically. Just remap those buttons so they don't do anything at all.

If you were referring to N900 keyboard, how did you manage to get 8 hours of battery life???

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
It sounds like maybe this guy was just kind of crazy or stupid, but not malicious. If he were working for competitor or something I have no doubt that Nokia would push for more harsh punishment. Now that he got "busted" and had to give back everything maybe it'll scare him away from doing this again.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
It sounds like maybe this guy was just kind of crazy or stupid, but not malicious.
The guy had said that he wanted to see if he can assemble working devices out of the junk that was lying in carts waiting to be destroyed. So it was just a harmless geek without any common sense.

Originally Posted by rkm View Post
The guy had said that he wanted to see if he can assemble working devices out of the junk that was lying in carts waiting to be destroyed. So it was just a harmless geek without any common sense.
And, of course, he needed the projector to show his "building useful stuff from junk I stole" presentation, and the laptops were needed for...Awww c'mon, stop making excuses for the guy, when the place I work for were upgraging their cctv systems and I saw a camera destined for the compacter I asked if I could have it.