Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
This whole OVI store vs, website version is a clusterfsk.

If om update first comes for one and not the other, rather than wait for it, one group will attempt to use the other procedure and any help that members of this forum could provide would be at best useless and at worse, speculative.

I bought mine through their website. What confronts me is that for every other platform (iPhone, Android, Symbian) the North American version includes maps for the US, Mexico, and Canada for about $35 EUR. While the Maemo version cost $40 Euro it only includes maps for the US. Canada maps cost an additional $30 EUR and Mexico isn't even available.

What is up with that?

Now that I have to travel in Canada, Not only would I have to end up paying twice as much for less product than any other platform receives, the upgrade path is not very clear.

Will a Canada version purchased through OVI be compatible with my US version purchased on-line from Sygic's web site?

... and while I'm asking questions:

What happened to that Sygic support dude who was answering these questions as a member of this forum?
To make matters worse, I forget where I bought my Sygic maps, from the site or from OVI. I think from the site... I never got the last upgrade because I deleted the link as spam before I realized it wasn't. Life is just too complex for me

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
if you bought yours from OVI, and if you use Catorise, Sygic will appear under the OVI folder. otherwise, it will appear under Location & Navigation.

This whole OVI store vs, website version is a clusterfsk.
Yes, not just to customers but to us at Sygic internally as well. In recent update we tried to merge app versions to be the same as distributed via Ovi Store and via our eshop but there were some limitations... which were not easy to overcome.

What confronts me is that for every other platform (iPhone, Android, Symbian) the North American version includes maps for the US, Mexico, and Canada for about $35 EUR.
We are sorry for treating customers using different phones in a different way pricing-wise. Hint - our Maemo app has Navteq maps, the other products use Tele Atlas / TomTom maps.

Will a Canada version purchased through OVI be compatible with my US version purchased on-line from Sygic's web site?
Yes.

What happened to that Sygic support dude who was answering these questions as a member of this forum?
The guy is following the discussion. Please understand that this forum is not the place where / how we provide technical support with installation etc. For technical support, please kindly contact our support directly.

We follow this forum in order to have feedback on product functionality and product features.

Thanks a lot.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
We follow this forum in order to have feedback on product functionality and product features.

Thanks a lot.
I've installed and tested trial version from OVI. Despite couple bugs I think I'll buy full version in the near future.
Thanks guys for a great work.

EDIT

I see there are promotional prices now.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I'm confused !!!

The non-ovi sygic - is it available for us who have the full version of the sygic install?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I'll ask again....

>>>
The non-ovi sygic - is it available for us who have the full version of the sygic install?
<<<

Anyone know? Sygic, are you able to shed any light on this?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Did you got Sygic SMM10 to work again in PR 1.3?
There are some problems regarding PR 1.3 and Sygic products (i.e. SMM10) but Sygic is working on these problems.

Thanks for your patience!
Works fine here (OVI version), besides the occasional crash to desktop (nothing new here) and traffic still doesn't work (not sure if it's supposed to yet, or ever will) ...

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
... and traffic still doesn't work (not sure if it's supposed to yet, or ever will) ...
You can buy traffic subscribtion now: http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/how-to-buy.html

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
You can buy traffic subscribtion now: http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/how-to-buy.html
Bought it and it seems to work.

Will try it out tomorrow when going to work...

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
I'll ask again....

>>>
<<<
Hi,

there are 2 versions available - Ovi and non-Ovi (eshop version). What do you refer to by "full" version?

Please use the support form http://sygic.com/help for having your questions answered.

Thanks.