Originally Posted by Weirdfisher View Post
Without the clear black display....
True. And I made the mistake of not looking it closer; there is a PM in the clock which forces the clock more to the left. Just tested it with mine...
One can hope. I know LPM would require very low level of backlight enabled, and would use up more juice, but I think the phone would still last the whole day.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
They said they won't be releasing any images for the N9. I'm ok with that since they aren't Nokia BUT if some of the Android devices will be getting official images, why does the N9 also don't get one? Can someone please explain this?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
They said they won't be releasing any images for the N9. I'm ok with that since they aren't Nokia BUT if some of the Android devices will be getting official images, why does the N9 also don't get one? Can someone please explain this?
Hardware adaptation licensing on N9 is such that it is impossible for Jolla legally to provide N9 images. Add on top of that the Wayland implementation is not technically up to par.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
When can I sail with my nexus...

Its also time for jolla to update devilry time on there web store and also lower the price.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-02 at 11:00.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
When can I sail with my nexus...
Soon (tm), but it will be a rough one as hw is pretty crappy.

Its also time for jolla to update devilry time on there web store and also lower the price.
Delivery time has been updated a couple of times (that I noticed), and price is up to them. I don't think the price is wrong anyway. I don't know of any other better phone that you can buy for the same price, or more for that matter. Ready to be challenged though.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Soon (tm), but it will be a rough one as hw is pretty crappy.

Delivery time has been updated a couple of times (that I noticed), and price is up to them. I don't think the price is wrong anyway. I don't know of any other better phone that you can buy for the same price, or more for that matter. Ready to be challenged though.
Soon is good. But Nokia often use soon as well and that's a big fail. Either give an estimate or don't comment at all. Soon is soon,noth months or weeks.

I understand there might be issues with different hw because of mismatch in design but Crappy? It's twice as fast as jolla. ( there are many nexus you know ) Jolla hw is crappiest hw I own. Simular to free phones like blade lll and galaxy ace.

The price is ok for me since I already having a jPhone. But I can't see how jolla manage to sell many devices nowadays.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-02 at 12:34.

I understand there might be issues with different hw because of mismatch in design but Crappy? It's twice as fast as jolla. ( there are many nexus you know ) Jolla hw is crappiest hw I own. Simular to free phones like blade lll and galaxy ace.
Samsungs and Nexus have very bad reception. Samsungs in particular have also very bad call quality. If we are talking about _phones_, that makes them crappy. Clearly they made them faster but they aren't a proper phone. Also, Sailfish feels faster (even in beta stage) than Android on a Nexus 5, so the speed of the CPU is relative (as it's always been).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Samsungs and Nexus have very bad reception. Samsungs in particular have also very bad call quality. If we are talking about _phones_, that makes them crappy. Clearly they made them faster but they aren't a proper phone. Also, Sailfish feels faster (even in beta stage) than Android on a Nexus 5, so the speed of the CPU is relative (as it's always been).
Yes, but there are 2 ways to look at the "fastness" of a device; The Subjective way of how fast it feels to use and the Objective way of looking at the techspecs.

I have kind of gotten the feeling that @Dave999 is an "Objective kind of guy", techspecs are more important for him than the feel of the device

None is truly objective here... You can't play that card.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have kind of gotten the feeling that @Dave999 is an "Objective kind of guy", techspecs are more important for him than the feel of the device

I have kind of gotten the feeling that @Dave999 is an "Objective kind of guy"== correct

techspecs are more important for him than the feel of the device==incorrect

Screensize/quality plus browser are more important for him than the feel of the device==correct

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-03 at 15:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
So, is it all ok even if you have no decent reception? Especially on devices designed to work with online services? ok, I don't see the point then :S

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"