Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Many thanks for creating this plugin! MSN has been the one thing missing for me on the N9. However, after installing the plugin I am unable to sign in to MSN; the status light just flips between online and offline, and when I try to send a message to someone the keyboard only briefly appears and then disappears off screen.

Edit:

Also, is it possible to remove account types from the list? Many of the ones included I know I will never use - some of them I've not even heard of!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
no, i have only Skype. i cant test other voice.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Many thanks for creating this plugin! MSN has been the one thing missing for me on the N9. However, after installing the plugin I am unable to sign in to MSN; the status light just flips between online and offline, and when I try to send a message to someone the keyboard only briefly appears and then disappears off screen.

Edit:

Also, is it possible to remove account types from the list? Many of the ones included I know I will never use - some of them I've not even heard of!
The MSN works fine for me (except an issue below) and it supports simultaneously login from mutliple locations is a big plus, so my desktop msn don't get logged out when I log in from moible.

(In contrast, in Yahoo Messenger, my desktop session will get logged out if I logged in from mobile or vice vesra)

However, there is one issue of the MSN to me. If I log in from the N9, my profile picture will get deleted. My PC MSN will immediately change to a generic MSN icon as a result. I have to re-assign a picture on PC everytime after logged in from N9.

In N900, I don't have this problem.I think I can assign a profile picture in the MSN plugin (or it won't delete my picture already in profile)

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Is it possible for the MSN icon to not list offline contacts ? Or having contact listed according to their status like in the conversation window.

@Kozzi, i'm working for Extra Contacts. It will be implemented in future version.
@mcdull, sorry, i'm not using msn, i cant help here..

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I am unable to sign in to MSN; the status light just flips between online and offline, and when I try to send a message to someone the keyboard only briefly appears and then disappears off screen.
Any ideas?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
MSn windows client tells me that, I have signed from two locations where N9's is named pidgin, is it possible to modify this to display something else ? Do you plan on supporting avatars ? atm pidgin display the empty avatar picture and I think it also removes the one from server, which could explain mcdull problem

@Kozzi, i answered before. I'm not using MSN. Extraplugins opensource project, if anyone can help here - you are welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I just downloaded from the link provided: http://mymeegos.net/files/Applicatio....2.1_armel.deb

Installation failed - installation interupted...

This has ony ever happened to me me once before when I was trying to update the apps for Meego app.

Is there a correct way to install? I just downloaded from the browser and opened from the transfers screen, checking untrusted source thingy on the way.

@jabba_29 you should uninstall these packages before:
aolserviceprovider
icqserviceprovider
jabberserviceprovider
msnserviceprovider
odnoklassnikiserviceprovider
qipserviceprovider
vkserviceprovider
yahooserviceprovider
im-providers-additional
telepathy-haze