Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by kilrok View Post
Thank for a quick reply. I understand I should enter it in Xterminal, right?

OK. I've done it but it asks me for a password. I don't remember setting a password to anything in my phone. What do I do now?
Do a copy-paste or just type it carefully. You must have mistyped it.

You don't need any special application or privileges to do it.

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-09-08 at 21:42.

Now the X terminal tells me: Permission denied. I'm lost.

The thing is that I can't even edit the desktop beacuse I had it locked in CSSU Features and I can't unlock it now. And with the desktop in portrait mode, all the icons are in a real mess and I can't sort them out. Help!

hello,
I get this while installing. Any help please.
Attached Images

Last edited by helloct; 2011-09-15 at 15:49. Reason: No answer.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Now the X terminal tells me: Permission denied. I'm lost.

The thing is that I can't even edit the desktop beacuse I had it locked in CSSU Features and I can't unlock it now. And with the desktop in portrait mode, all the icons are in a real mess and I can't sort them out. Help!
to unlock the desktop edit:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/disable_edit -t bool false

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I do appreciate it!

Thanks to your code I was able to unlock the desktop and customize it in a portrait mode. Could I have a code to lock it back?

I hope I will be able to use CSSU Features in the future and it will get fixed somehow in future updates. I'd like to be able to choose which applications are opened in portait mode and which are not.

Thanks again.

...Could I have a code to lock it back?
change the command ending from false to true..

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I propose to use this only if you are an advanced user AND you are using a special theme.

- messing with the transitions.ini can easily put the device to a reboot loop
- when not using a theme it is easier to overwrite it with the default and modify your preferences.
Hi Saturn. Since you are very knowledgeable when it comes to our beloved N900, I don't suppose you know of any solutions other than reflashing for rectifying a reboot loop caused by 'messing' with the transitions.ini?
I have previously edited the file without issue but earlier today, things didn't quite go as normal and my N900 is now stuck in the dreaded reboot loop. I updated to the latest CSSU yesterday and have theme customiser installed (but not used - fast transitions not activated). I had been using my own customised transitions file previously, but allowed CSSU to replace it with the latest CSSU version. I didn't like it as much so copied back my custom transitions file (as I did with the last CSSU update, without problem). Upon restarting my phone, my reboot loop began!

Any advice you can offer to correct the problem without reflashing would be greatly appreciated. I did do a standard backup with the Nokia utility before updating CSSU yesterday, but my previous experiences restoring backups previously have been disappointing - conversations missing, all apps need redownloading/installing etc, so would rather avoid a reflash/restore from backup if at all possible.

I thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Kind Regards,
Matt

Originally Posted by mattkawa View Post
Hi Saturn. Since you are very knowledgeable when it comes to our beloved N900, I don't suppose you know of any solutions other than reflashing for rectifying a reboot loop caused by 'messing' with the transitions.ini?
I have previously edited the file without issue but earlier today, things didn't quite go as normal and my N900 is now stuck in the dreaded reboot loop. I updated to the latest CSSU yesterday and have theme customiser installed (but not used - fast transitions not activated). I had been using my own customised transitions file previously, but allowed CSSU to replace it with the latest CSSU version. I didn't like it as much so copied back my custom transitions file (as I did with the last CSSU update, without problem). Upon restarting my phone, my reboot loop began!

Any advice you can offer to correct the problem without reflashing would be greatly appreciated. I did do a standard backup with the Nokia utility before updating CSSU yesterday, but my previous experiences restoring backups previously have been disappointing - conversations missing, all apps need redownloading/installing etc, so would rather avoid a reflash/restore from backup if at all possible.

I thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Kind Regards,
Matt
One solution is to use the flasher to disable the lifeguard to stop the constant reboots; then connect with ssh and copy a good transitions file.

e.g. some example on how to do some of those steps found with a quick search on the site. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=15

remember to enable the lifeguard and exit R&D mode when you are done.

Good luck.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Either some option is missing from the configuration file or you are using a them that has it's own transitions.ini file.

If you are not using a special theme then execute this in xterm to load a new transitions.ini file
Note, it will be the default shipped with the new CSSU.

Code:
sudo /opt/CSSUfeatures/updateTransitions copyDefault
If you are using a theme you will need to add manually the missing options in the transitions file.

About the blacklist, I'll wait for it to get stabilised (an update is coming - MAGs words) and in the meantime will think of something to make it easy for me and the users to add/remove programs.
Hello all, i have the same problem witch CSSUfeatures, FATAL ERROR and exiting.
This happend when i updated CSSUfeatures to last version, i have CSSU 16.5 installed,wich is working fine sofar.
CSSUtuner seems to work..

Any idea's to resolve this? The sudo command does not work for me...

Thanks in advance

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
One solution is to use the flasher to disable the lifeguard to stop the constant reboots; then connect with ssh and copy a good transitions file.

e.g. some example on how to do some of those steps found with a quick search on the site. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=15

remember to enable the lifeguard and exit R&D mode when you are done.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply Saturn. Your suggestion sounds promising....I will give it a try - fingers crossed! I suppose what you suggest is a bit like booting a Win PC into safe mode??
I will let you (all) know how I get on.