Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@juiceme, <aol>Me too!</aol>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Added poll here:

https://twitter.com/stskeeps/status/752467395097292800

Seems if you wipe existing Android app data a lot of things work, but not camera and possibly video acceleration is broken and some issues to solve.
I have a Jolla because I don't want to use centralized privately-controlled profiling advertisement channels like Twitter. Otherwise I'd have gotten myself an Android a long time ago.

Anyway. I'd still be interested. Not having camera isn't a fatal issue in many cases, as you often can select a photo from the gallery. I.e. take picture with native camera app, use picture in Android app.

I guess having both 4.1 and 4.4 installed, and choose at install of the APK which one to use, is too much trouble?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Not having camera isn't a fatal issue in many cases, as you often can select a photo from the gallery. I.e. take picture with native camera app, use picture in Android app.
If only this was in any way reliable - frequently I will take pictures with the native camera app (J1 this is), or save things in the native browser and they'll be nowhere to be seen in the Android side. I restart dalvik, restart the phone, which I think has occasionally worked (sometimes the pic appears in the middle of all the pics, maybe to do with datestamps?), but sometimes I just have to forcibly "share to Android" from the native gallery as it simply doesn't appear in Android gallery pickers/views ever.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Added poll here:

https://twitter.com/stskeeps/status/752467395097292800

Seems if you wipe existing Android app data a lot of things work, but not camera and possibly video acceleration is broken and some issues to solve.
If you create same poll at tjc, it will boom, you know. So, just do it, and post your account for donations

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
If you create same poll at tjc, it will boom, you know. So, just do it, and post your account for donations
This place is too full of blowhards that talk a lot, deliver very little and want too damn much with rarely doing anything.

Simply put, a poll for something, even out of curiosity has brought forward commentary about social media. Thanks for stating it - nobody who wants Android 4.4 cares.

Feh. Would I want the update to Android 4.4, yes. Should it have already been offered? Yes. Would people stop talking about how they don't even use Android enough to allow those folks that may want/use/have need for it to be heard... not a chance.

Unpopular opinion? Yes.

</rant>

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
That is easy. If you have a spare $100 or $200, buy a mid-range android phone.

If you have a spare $100k or $200k. Invest it to Jolla, it may happen. Or even they can share you with some private testing version.

If you have no money, code it yourself.

If you have no money nor time, why would they do it? The phone has already been discontinued. Why would any sensible party spend time and money and effort on this???!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Would people stop talking about how they don't even use Android enough to allow those folks that may want/use/have need for it to be heard... not a chance.
Quite. It's like the vegan stereotype but with people who don't use Android applications. Instead of someone going to a steak restaurant to proclaim "hey, did you know that I'm a vegan?", it's someone going to threads specifically and exclusively about Android applications to proclaim "hey, did you know I don't use Android applications?".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Quite. It's like the vegan stereotype but with people who don't use Android applications. Instead of someone going to a steak restaurant to proclaim "hey, did you know that I'm a vegan?", it's someone going to threads specifically and exclusively about Android applications to proclaim "hey, did you know I don't use Android applications?".
It is a very good simile except that it is not 100% complete. You are forgetting that you are in a vegetarian restaurant that has introduced some meat dishes on their menu in a misguided attempt to attract more customers. And when you stand up and demand an upgrade from a 8 oz steak to 12 oz, you act surprised when someone from the table next to you gently taps on your shoulder and asks, "did you realize that there is a steak house right next door?"

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You are forgetting that you are in a vegetarian restaurant that has introduced some meat dishes on their menu in a misguided attempt to attract more customers.
No, because the support for Android applications has been one of the big selling points of Sailfish OS since the very beginning.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
the support for Android applications has been one of the big selling points of Sailfish OS since the very beginning.
Precisely!

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
in a misguided attempt to attract more customers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: