Notices

Great work just a quick question ive been playing these games on m nokia n97 will the same game work on the Nokia n900

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Thanks for this, as I'm currently playing Curse of Monkey Island on my N810 and it would be nice to continue on the N900. Mind you, I already have to squint a bit sometimes to see small items or read small text on the N810, so the N900 might be a bit of a challenge.
Maybe a "magnifying glass" feature could be added? Once activated, you can drag your finger on the screen to move the magnified area.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
You mention you applied Maemo specific patches... you mean fanoush' ones?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You mention you applied Maemo specific patches... you mean fanoush' ones?
There aren't any other patches. They are found from the scummvm svn and source packages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Maybe a "magnifying glass" feature could be added? Once activated, you can drag your finger on the screen to move the magnified area.
That's a good idea.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by toninikkanen View Post
I have a newer version out now:

http://www.tuug.fi/~toni/serendipity/
Cool stuff :-)

What I'm missing in your TODO list is
- release source diff together with the binary
- let the current maintainer know

Originally Posted by mikkov
There aren't any other patches. They are found from the scummvm svn and source packages.
There is this 'run scummvm as a fake d-bus service to make task switching button switch back working' patch done by you which is currently only in Diablo extras sources and not in official scummvm svn (not sure if this is still relevant for N900). And also latest Discworld and Cruise for Corpse keybindings mentioned here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31174 are not yet in svn either, older RC1 version is here http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/v...patch?view=log

ScummVM 1.0.0 had a delay and is currently planned as "November 6: tagging, November 15: release". Since this thread proves there appears to be some interest it would be nice to have basic N900 fixes in official 1.0.0 and perhaps have 1.0 testing version in Fremantle extras-testing ASAP.

toninikkanen, can you post source diff for your changes here?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
and BTW what is the best to check in debian source package building scripts for determining current maemo SDK version? I'd like to build all binaries (OS2006,7,8,fremantle) from same source.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
and BTW what is the best to check in debian source package building scripts for determining current maemo SDK version? I'd like to build all binaries (OS2006,7,8,fremantle) from same source.
I personally Build-depend on "maemo-version" SDK package and parse file /etc/maemo_version from debian/rules (adding -DMAEMO_VERSION to cflags, conditionally calling optify, etc.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I'm going to bed right now so here's just an ugly megadiff against 1.0.0rc1 sources, it has the supplied backend/platform/maemo/scummvm-1.0.0-maemo.patch applied in it as well.

http://www.tuug.fi/~toni/blogitems/p...mmvm_n900.diff

Í have the stuff in a locat git repo and can make you a better diff tomorrow if needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to toninikkanen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
There is this 'run scummvm as a fake d-bus service to make task switching button switch back working' patch done by you which is currently only in Diablo extras sources and not in official scummvm svn (not sure if this is still relevant for N900).
It is not needed for N900 because there is no similar task switching behaviour. Although when using d-bus service, you can't start another scummvm instance, but it brings the old one to front. XStoreName is also not needed.

But there are some other issues, SDL_UpdateRects is dead slow and SDL_Quit is somewhat unsafe https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5524. SDL_SetIcon breaks keyboard input.

I think that some basic power saving features would be useful. For example stop when backgrounded and stop when in front and screen blanks. Perfect powersaving is not possible with SDL library unless the whole program is killed though .

Last edited by mikkov; 2009-10-26 at 22:54.