Active Topics

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
hi guys, with this tread i want to tell u that all the times that i open the repos, all the software descriptions are very poor... i post some examples

description of a game: you need the original games files... ok, but all the times i have to see here in the talk the how to section to play a new game!?!?

description of some apps 1ist case: there's not description in some cases

description of some apps 2nd case: this is an app to modify/find/take/get what?!?!

i think, that in some cases, we users need more details. i mean details like:

description like this: with this app your device can edit the pictures, or the text files, or can emulate something (are just examples)

and finally we need more details about the app installation, not all the apps with the icons are optifyed, before to install them, we really wanna know if is it or not optifyed.

be clair just in those points and your work 'll be really perfect, now you are wasting it.

thanks to follow this thread
thanks to all the developers that write more details in the apps
thanks to the nutella chocolate to support my heart

Last edited by santiago; 2010-05-23 at 06:04.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This has been mentioned for years but never completely corrected, unfortunately

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This has been mentioned for years but never completely corrected, unfortunately
why not? its really impossible to get an app and know all bout it without opening the wiki here!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hi,

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
and finally we need more details about the app installation, not all the apps with the icons are optifyed, before to install them, we really wanna know if is it or not optifyed.
TBH, if a person knows their application should be optified, they'll just do it instead of writing a comment...

What I'd suggest is that when a program is promoted to Extras-testing, place a comment saying that the description could be improved (but don't thumb down - description, barring the mention of whether it's a CLI app, isn't in the QA Checklist) - you'll reach far more people that way

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
hi guys, with this tread i want to tell u that all the times that i open the repos, all the software descriptions are very poor... i post some examples
Stop complaining here and just get involved. Prepare a perfect description and submit it to the authors of the app in question or even better file it as a patch request in the apps tracker (all apps in extras are required to have one). And wait for the app to get updated.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
If you don't understand it, don't download it.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
whos claire?
and whats repositoryes?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
whos claire?
and whats repositoryes?
i have no idea.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

why not? its really impossible to get an app and know all bout it without opening the wiki here!
Because nobody is paying for the people to do their stuff here. Nobody is their boss, and no-one can force them to do anything. They do it if they wish to do it.

The only option would be to cut "unpolished" apps out from repos completely, and I'm not sure you would want that? (I'm sure I don't).

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i partly agree. some descriptions are a little misleading or unclear.
i like the idea of writing a better description yourself and sending it to the author, but i'm afraid that wont always help.

i once wrote a mail to the author of the personal ip adress app asking for an update with a new feature (disconnect existing connection when you click the widget). i did get an answer that a new version is on the way... that was 2 month ago.
i mean, no one is forced to do something, but i was disappoint xD

also, i dont get what this promotion-system is for. i was told when a program gets promoted to extras, it is a safe, working and optiffied program.. now there are some (or at least 1) app that are not optified, but they still made it to extras.