Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
It's ok. Pushing your app to the Store incentivated by this activity but not waiting for a formal acceptance does show a trust in your project(s).

Today it was a busy day and I didn't have time to review any proposals. I'm hoping to be up to date by the end of tomorrow.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
@damagedspline && @arcean you are aware that you 1st need to get your submission accepted by qgil before pushing to store? Well of course nobody is stopping you to push, but you might end up empty handed with only a good feeling of getting your app into the store ;-)
It will provide me with some additional time to handle whatever issues found in QA. The app is in good shape, but not 100% bug free

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
I'm part the creator of the TFL (Transport for London) app, my app is on the Ovi store here:

http://store.ovi.com/content/262507

Free version is pending approval in Ovi store. There is also likely to be Symbian app as well.

It may not be most popular app in the world, but the audience is only people living in London and owing Nokia N9's - which is small anyway! But it is a useful app.

On the cards for me is a N9 eBay app and possibly others.

I've been a member on this forum for quite some time, back when there was no such thing as the N900 or N9. In the good old days of the N770, N800 and N810, back when this forum was still called internet tablet talk.

I would love a N950 - it would allow me to work with the command line SO much better!

EDIT:

Only 100 devices - seems a bit stingy on Nokia's part?

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-06-01 at 10:23.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
8 entries accepted. None declined yet but let's wait to see new entries. We have 10 devices allocated so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I would love a N950 - it would allow me to work with the command line SO much better!
Reading the first post and seeing the requirements and simple process would help.

Only 100 devices - seems a bit stingy on Nokia's part?
Actually thousands, if you count the seeding activities preceding this one. But this is quite off-topic here.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
8 entries accepted. None declined yet but let's wait to see new entries. We have 10 devices allocated so far.
Glad that my app was accepted. So that makes me a part of the community forever now

I've two questions though

1. From where do I send the mail ?

2. Since my app is accepted, I need to get it published to receive the device? Or I could wait till I get the device so I cud do some beta testing myself?

Regards,
Bibek

What do you mean 'from where'? Just send an email with your developer.nokia.com userid to quim.gil nokia.com.

You can open a thread here and ask for testers. The offer is for a device once your app is published in the store. Nothing personal, just a way to avoid misunderstandings and uncomfortable situations.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
What do you mean 'from where'? Just send an email with your developer.nokia.com userid to quim.gil nokia.com.

You can open a thread here and ask for testers. The offer is for a device once your app is published in the store. Nothing personal, just a way to avoid misunderstandings and uncomfortable situations.
I meant for verification, the id has to be user's maemo.org subscribed id. Isn't it. I'm sending.

Thanks for clarification, I'll start the beta testing and get the apps published as soon as possible.

Cheers for providing the great opportunity. My thanks to qgil and the community.

I have a question with respect to being eligible for this program.

I am the creator of MeePasswords, which up to now is only available via apps.formeego.org.
As I already have a loan N950 and won an N9 with MeePasswords in last years coding competition I do not want to participate in this program myself.
In the meantime another developer (conny) contributed significant effort to MeePasswords as well.
My question is: is it ok if we as developer team participate in this program? Of course there can be only one price for an app. And we agreed upon that conny will receive it in case our app gets accepted in this program and is chosen as winning app. Because conny would receive the device he would also be the one who sends his information to qgil directly.

I hope I made the question clear. Please ask if you have questions or comment what you think about this. I want to have this discussion as transparent as possible in order to avoid any disagreement.

Our main motivation for finally pushing MeePasswords to Nokia store and possibly participating in this program is to show that this community is still very much alive and keeps contributing apps. So far I didn't upload MeePasswords to Nokia store due to some legal requirements. I took this program as motivation to re-check these requirements and conny also helped me a lot by pointing me into the right direction to get these legal issues solved.

PS: I do not have much time right now. I will explain the legal issues and show how I was able to solve these later on in another thread.

Edit: We would apply for an N9.

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-06-02 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It seems to me that you are eligible. Just put your name on the list in the wiki. If you are not you will be rejected, if you are you will have more chances as in this activity it is first-come first-served.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: