Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
le sigh.

maybe not even a month old. dropped it from about waist high, and it hit cement face down.

pics taken from my n900 (which has survived this type of drop at least 5-10 times a month, for 2 years).

time to troll broken-screen threads to find cheapest solution.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
i am sorry to see that, especially to such a beautiful screen. You can thank steve jobs for setting the glass screen standard.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:

I did the same a while ago. The cost for replacing the screen was for me so relatively steep that I just bought a brand new N9

Sorry to hear about this. I've dropped my N9 several times before without a scratch. The N9 is not tougher or more fragile than any other glass screened phone. It all depends on the point of impact. In your case it looks like it hit the lower right edge first and the cracks radiated from there. Replacing the screen may come up 40% of the whole phone.

Btw, a silicon casing may have saved you by absorbing the impact at the edge. Mine is always with casing.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
i am sorry to see that, especially to such a beautiful screen. You can thank steve jobs for setting the glass screen standard.
uh, you do realize that all LCDs are "glass" right?

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
cant say N9 is that much durable phone, dropped mine today, the glass chipped from the edge and also a small crack on top left and a huge dent on the casing and that was max 50 cm drop (I was kneeling and phone dropped from pocket)......my N8 dropped like million times screen facing down without anythin but some scratches. good thing is that the actual screen area is fine...but that chipped part is just....eww.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Contact Zackmorris on here, he can help you get it fixed.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I had a worse fall, phone was on my dresser and fell onto my tile floor and it hit on the corner cracking the housing and broke the lcd as well. I got it fixed and recently just changed over the housing to white also. Either you have to be comfortable with taking it apart yourself and I can let you know of reputable vendors that sell parts in the US or you can opt to send it out for repair in the US also. PM me and I can point you in the right direction if you need help.

Anybody know where I can buy a white housing for my black n9. I got tried of the black color.