Active Topics

Yep, meant horizontal

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. Didn't see this posted but this seems to summarize changes and some remaining issues.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...0420-ohijarvi/

Also just wondering, as I expect to get my phone on April 14 will there be another update by then? Just askin' ...

Also, as I'm a big fan of mms, has anyone tried using an android app to do mms as it currently appears to not work on Jolla phone. The app I use on my android phone is called Hangouts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.android.talk

One more thing, for those in the US where data on Jolla phone is nonexistence. I just found out that you can get 2.5GB data on T-mobile for $20 a month using their 4G Hotspot device. Though not a perfect solution it is doable for many situations.
Tried MMS with Hangouts. No luck so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I must say. I am very happy after update . None bug for me yet.. Only tiny lag in home view, when scrolling and wait a little and scrol again.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Hey! Those are MY devices! (really)
Very nice collection you're having there. Great shape too!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I take the 9 app covers limitation as an effective warning. The device has only 1 GB of RAM, so you better not open too many apps the same time.
This strategy seems to work very well (On the N9 I used the same strategy).
Sometimes it's just time to think about what apps to close.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
This strategy seems to work very well (On the N9 I used the same strategy).
On N9, I usually had 3 or 4 messaging windows, 2 browser windows, 1 email app, etc.

It was fine on N9. On Jolla, I keep weather app, calendar app, facebook app, twitter, etc in addition to standard apps. See you did not have to keep these apps open on N9. You could access all those information without any app open.

Heck, you can't even see today date, unless you open calendar app. Why can't they display that on the lock screen.

So just to get basic information, you need at least 5+ apps open.

Then messaging, email and a browser. You are done. How about Whatsup, Vibor, Contacts, Phone, Notes, etc?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I am sorry. I don't want to hijack this thread.

I appreciate the hard work Jolla has done to give us the needed update. Thank you sailors!!!

Since Sailfish seems to be stable after this update, maybe Jolla will have time to start listening to (my!) whining.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Hey! Those are MY devices! (really)
You should ask for credits.... they cant use pictures of someone else without asking first (especially labeling them with their own logo!)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You should ask for credits.... they cant use pictures of someone else without asking first (especially labeling them with their own logo!)
I never Labeled them as My own. I used google to find them. or do you mean that the verge stole the image. wtf...they did...let's sue them

My collection is much more black, thinner and collecting more dust. These devices seems to be in mint condition.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-18 at 21:01.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"