Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by lal View Post
@Fredddurs, This might come in handy to check if the files you downloaded are corrupt as juiceme said.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=993

I just figured out that the firmware image I downloaded was corrupt.
Friend, how do I know if the firmware download is corrupt me? Should I expect any special output "crc32" command?. Could you give me an example of how the instruction?. My N9 is black model code 059j260 16Gb.

With what files should I run the crc32 instruction?, Should I do the check for each file?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
OK, the way you post the pictures is a bit difficult to read, but I see you had some errors relating to bb5 certificate handling.
Next time, could you please post a log file to some paste site (or directly here as text)

Some thoughts:
Are you sure you have downloaded the correct firmware file for your device?
Are you sure the file is OK, not corrupted when downloaded?
Did you try to wipe the device while flashing, or do you have some important data you do not want to lose?
Hello friend, someone told me to use crc32 to check the downloaded firmware was corrupted, I have searched the internet and all that, but not to wait when executing the instruction with crc32. I guess that's kind instruction must "crc32 RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.vpl" and results in this: "a1cd9a23". Now as if the firmware is corrupted descargardo with this?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
the file you are trying to flash - at least from your crc post is RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.vpl - that is not the file to flash.
its name should be like RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.bin
You will notice that the correct file is MUCH bigger

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by fredddurs View Post
Friend, how do I know if the firmware download is corrupt me? Should I expect any special output "crc32" command?. Could you give me an example of how the instruction?. My N9 is black model code 059j260 16Gb.
059J260 is NDT LTA 16GB/Black, right?

The files to download are:
http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...M1-958_ARM.bin
http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...A_EMMC_LTA.bin

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
the file you are trying to flash - at least from your crc post is RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.vpl - that is not the file to flash.
its name should be like RM696_059J260_40.2012.21.3_001.bin
You will notice that the correct file is MUCH bigger
I put this in the terminal "crc32 main.bin" and gave me this: "8c9ea3a3". Is it corrupt?

Originally Posted by fredddurs View Post
I put this in the terminal "crc32 main.bin" and gave me this: "8c9ea3a3". Is it corrupt?
The correct CRC code corresponding to each file is given in the VPL file. Open the VPL file you downloaded. You'll see the CRC code corresponding to each file.

Hello,
I bought a nokia n9 from hk thru ebay. It had China S/W variant 003. I followed the instructions, used flasher and flashed firmware 005 (indian) and also flashed eMMC image for india.

I opened nokia music. I logged on with my old account. It logged on, but I am unable to download songs, saying there is an error to register this device with unlimited music service.

I tried creating a new account, but the same error.

I called nokia CC in india, they asked me for my imei number and then told me its a china based imei, so i cant use nokia music india service on this phone.

Is there a way to get around? Searched the forums, could not find anything. Pls help.....

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by iia View Post
I called nokia CC in india, they asked me for my imei number and then told me its a china based imei, so i cant use nokia music india service on this phone.
Now that's odd, I have been under the impression that IMEI is not tied to any specific country, rather it contains a genetic TAC part that identifies the device and the manufacturer, and the SN part that is manufacturer-specific (usually serial number and factory information)

What did they exactly say about the IMEI, how did they determine it was "Chinese IMEI"? Maybe you told them you originally had Chinese FW on it, and they took the lazy way out and told you it is not supported because they did not bother to solve the problem...?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now that's odd, I have been under the impression that IMEI is not tied to any specific country, rather it contains a genetic TAC part that identifies the device and the manufacturer, and the SN part that is manufacturer-specific (usually serial number and factory information)

What did they exactly say about the IMEI, how did they determine it was "Chinese IMEI"? Maybe you told them you originally had Chinese FW on it, and they took the lazy way out and told you it is not supported because they did not bother to solve the problem...?
No, I did not tell them I got the phone from China. I called them up, and told them I already have a nokia phone, with an active nokia music subscription that I have been using for over 2 years, recharging via vouchers. I told them I got a new nokia phone and I tried logging on to my nokia music account, and it kept saying that the phone could not be registered to nokia music. Then they asked me for the imei number, and i answered. After a pause, they told me its imported from china, and nokia music can only be activated in China only.

Actually, i am confused here. I ve flashed my country specific eMMC file as well, and yet there is this problem. I thought since I am using this nokia account in another phone, that might be the cause for problem. So I created another account, but it says the same thing.

Has anyone imported a n9 from outside the country (?India) and had this problem? Pls throw some light....

Tags
flashing, nokia n9