Poll: What color & model is your N9?
Poll Options
What color & model is your N9?

It's hard to believe that the non-available White 64GB N9 has gotten more votes than the readily available Magenta 16GB N9.

And I'm positive that the White model is going to have a premium charge over the already over-the-top price the N9 has Crazy expensive.

The Magenta is just not too practical.

Especially in a world where getting pink for a man would be considered gay, how could a normal person sport it? If you're going to stand out, it's obviously easier to go for something more aesthetic like White or Cyan rather than attract attention for the wrong reasons if you were to get Magenta.

Yes you could defend yourself about pink being ok for guys, but good luck convincing the people in the bus or street who see you using it - you can't stop what other people think and they're damn right to think anything.

I knew Nokia made a mistake by offering Magenta as a color, they should have chosen something else like Red, Green, Yellow whatever.

And if one wants to think in terms of pink is for women, obviously that's also not true as I bet you've encountered lots of women who don't like pink at all. I could imagine some celebrity buying it, hardly anyone else though.

Is it me, or don't you guys find it ironic that the one category that shows an overwhelming majority of the votes, the BLACK 64GB, has a graphical bar in MAGENTA color?

vote went to the black 64GB

not that i intend to spend 600 to 700 bucks on a phone...
with a 64GB N900, with a physical keyboard (YES) i simply can't imagine
plus got a (black) N8 for the broken N900 and, honestly, except as a MP3 player i can't stand the touch screen; not that i use the kbd on the N900 that much except when in XTerminal (or the vkeyboard doesn't want to show up or accessing a contact quickly from the desktop or so) but still... even though there is a long way from the 7710 8 yrs ago to the N8, touch screen ONLY still isn't my thing

thanks gawd the N8 has a camera button
would be a shame not to use that
even thinking about getting a set of those

if i can get a device with my contract renewal next summer which sells for 500 bucks on the "parallel market", i might consider forking out the remaining 200 or so to get one, though.
«...the end» ¦-)

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
And if one wants to think in terms of pink is for women, obviously that's also not true as I bet you've encountered lots of women who don't like pink at all. I could imagine some celebrity buying it, hardly anyone else though.
One really should think in terms of women as they tend to make up roughly half of the population It's a mistake to think in terms how many ladies (or guys ) you know don't like magenta. The question is how many of them would be compelled by it because it IS magenta, especially as the base form really has a very broad appeal (i.e. offering the N900 in magenta really would be a mistake).

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Lol, a lil off topic but I came to Tysons Corner Mall to get my sim cut at a kiosk a friend owns, but I walk by the grand opening of a Microsoft retail store and there is a line to get in. They have some Lumia 800s I think on display or demo. I'm so gonna go in there and breakout my brand new n9 to see the reactions I get. Will update once I get kicked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Black 64 GB. Who got the white one????

People voting for the white one are doing so on the basis that that's the one they will be getting as soon as it gets released from the gates in the following weeks (in pre-order as of this message)..

Last edited by rdelfin; 2011-11-18 at 02:40.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Just to alert anyone on this thread maybe wanting a different colour - can I suggest putting yourself on the freshly-started stock case swapsies thread?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
People voting for the white one are doing so on the basis that that's the one they will be getting as soon as it gets released from the gates in the following weeks (in pre-order as of this message)..
...oooor they work at Nokia.