Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I am sick of nokia copying apple....
Don't worry, the RX-51 TV spots will feature a soft spoken--and softer focus--lardman in a pastoral setting talking about nothing in particular. No Apple copying.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
It would actually be interesting to see Apple (with the rest of the PC and mobile industry in tow) delivering tablets in the medium-size format. The pioneering Nokia with its multi-year headstart in internet tablets will get their market research (and as a side effect also unknown level of marketshare staking) done for them for free!

Of course our very own long-running "next gen wishlist" may also finally have reached some sympathetic ears. Somewhere.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@sachin:

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@sachin:

Sorry, i did not mention that i was talking about mobile tablets.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I don't think Apple's Tablet will be that mobile. The most published rumor is that it'll have a 10" screen. Of course there are also rumors lately that Apple will issue 2 models in this segment: 8" and 10" versions. Still, they're much bigger than the so called sub 5" web tablets.

Here's a new mock up..

Last edited by ysss; 2009-08-18 at 19:42.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
A 10" Apple Tablet that is essentially a full stand-alone mac?

I'd go for it. Esp if it has a display port and USB host ports, so I can hook it up to a KVM.

An N900 phone (esp. if someone ports Dalvik to it, and it can act as its own wifi hotspot), and an Apple Tablet. That'd probably be my perfect mobile setup. Esp. if the Apple Tablet can multi-boot to Ubuntu ... or even (if slowly) run Ubuntu in VMWare.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Of course there are also rumors lately that Apple will issue 2 models in this segment: 8" and 10" versions.
The article Tim just posted says 6" and 10", with the 6" being a "big iPod Touch" and the 10" being a full Mac (able to run all Mac apps).

So, that means 3.x" for pocketable, 6" for the small end of "mid-range", and 10" for the large end of mid-range ... and the MacBooks for the conventional/large-end of portables.

6" seems a little wierd though. I've seen 5" and 7" devices in that range, but not 6".

10", though, if it doesn't have too much of a bevel, would be just about perfect. It would fit comfortably in my gadget bag (my small one OR my big one). If it can do 1280x1024, I can hook it up to my KVM, and seamlessly move from home to mobile to work to mobile to home, only potentially having to reset my IM application as I change networks (home wifi, work wifi, and then some form of mobile network).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:

Tags
apple, concept, tablet