Notices

one more VERY important feature is needed - mute the sound of the device while it is running!
you don't wnat that after someone is convinced you are in a real conversation suddenly you'll get a REAL phone call which will expose that fake...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
reading all through the thread! when the new update is comming with new features?????we must need it.

The Following User Says Thank You to hathoda For This Useful Post:
Yeah muting and stealing focus during a fake call is a must...

Another idea - play male or female "charlie brown noises" through the earpiece during a fake call, makes it sound more convincing.

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i am wating for all those featurs we r talking about here !!when next update will come ,can annyone tell me?

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
you sir are full of win !

i will donate for this project if you get this one perfected (consider having it trigger if say, you open the camera lense, or camera button or something ) along with the other suggestions

i could think of so many occasions this would have come in handy

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Make it read the current profile ring tone and vibration settings from /home/user/.profiled/custom.ini. /home/user/.profiled/current also tells if the phone is on general or silent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
Hey all, thanks for your interest in mFakeCaller lol You all have such great ideas, let's hope somebody who knows how to do them all gets involved and does them

It took days of wrestling with autobuilder to get the project into extras-dev, but during this time I went ahead and created a few of the other features I was going to wait on. For example, user selectable caller names, caller images, backgrounds, and ringtones are currently in the initial release already. The trick is you have to set these when calling the application directly, not from clicking the icon. For example, here's a screenshot I tweeted a couple of weeks ago from my N900 using a panther image for the caller image and the background,

To make the 0.1 test version accept new values, you have to pass them to the application by calling from xterm or through a shell script. The shell script is great because then you can schedule it with alarmed

If anyone's interested in the method and not sure how to do it, let me know and I'll write a proper post on how to do it.

From my own testing, it seems a bit slow for the form to load and the ringtone playback starts a second or two behind the vibration. From chatting at the MeeGo conf, it appears that it might be a good idea to move away from forms to use QML for the user interface which should be quicker. Also the slow audio issue appears to be a well known gstreamer problem on the n900. It's annoying but not too bad, I might just have to learn to live with that.

You might have seen from the dev forum that me and QtCreator are falling out these days, once we're back on speaking terms I'll start rewriting the UI in QML just to see if there's an improvement. I'll start write a GUI front end to enable changing of settings from the icon click, that's going to be more user friendly for people than working with a shell script ofcourse.

There's also a problem with the application manager icon in v0.1, it's missing. Doesnt affect the application at all but you dont see an icon when in app manager. So i need to find out what's wrong wit that too. I think it's the base64 encoding in the file that went into autobuilder.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-11-20 at 19:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
how can we schedule alarmed to run mfakecaller? can you post shell script and command to execute that shell script? or is there any other way round?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
To make the 0.1 test version accept new values, you have to pass them to the application by calling from xterm or through a shell script. The shell script is great because then you can schedule it with alarmed

If anyone's interested in the method and not sure how to do it, let me know and I'll write a proper post on how to do it.

so i m waiting for ..........

Originally Posted by toughcanny View Post
how can we schedule alarmed to run mfakecaller? can you post shell script and command to execute that shell script? or is there any other way round?
DID you Find the way to do it .. i also need it .. Can Somebody Help Us Plz!