Hi,
I want to modify enter lock code screen, like i want to display my photo or want to change text Enter Lock code with my modified text.

Where this configuration or image file exists? in which folder?

Thanks

Do you mean:
/opt/usr/share/themes/beta/backgrounds/lockslider.png
/opt/usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/lockslider.png

I would like to know where to add/append with my name to lock screen(s) text fields in case I forgot my phone somewhere...

hi havu,
no i mean the screen which ask for lock code (numeric pad with text Enter lock code) which appear after sliding the knob at the left side of phone and after sliding ball from swipe to unlock

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I've been wondering about this myself. Mainly, because if it's open source or at least modifiable, someone could come up with a portrait supporting version, and then the N900 becomes that much closer to "native" (or rather forcibly implanted until it fused) portrait support everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
yes you are right, so can any body come up with the solution?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I'm working on some thing which involves changing the "Please enter lock code" String, but I am unable to find the string any where in the source code.

Does any one know if this is an open part of the OS, and if so where to look for it?

Yeah fingers crossed its open sourced. It really would be nice to have a portrait supporting lock code screen!

Especially the one that appears when booting the device, even if force rotation is on, the boot up lock code screen WONT rotate

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
I'm working on some thing which involves changing the "Please enter lock code" String, but I am unable to find the string any where in the source code.

Does any one know if this is an open part of the OS, and if so where to look for it?
It is not open.
But this thread describes how to change the
dialog strings http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69249
(it works for both, the swipe to unlock and the
device lock screen)

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post

well as nicolai gave you the hint , now go for it and help others too once getting success :P

i've always found that screen really unresponsive Like, I can't just blaze in my lock code, it'll always skip a number or two
I have to tap, wait, tap, wait, tap, wait...
if only it could accept keyboard input