Active Topics

In media player's music section's playlist, it picks all the songs to the list which exists in cell phone. I want to exclude partuclar folders or to mention that from particular folder it should include the songs in to playlist (recently added, played, most played, never played etc)

2ndly, in video's section, it shows the list of media files in section Recored by device camera and Films. I want to remove Recorded by device camera section and want to exclude or include the folder for Films section.

Thanks..

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Download and install TRACKER CFG to exclude folders from being indexed . . .

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You might either edit /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg with any text file editor or simply install tracker-cfg which gives you a gui application for editing the named file.

I backuped up tracker.cfg, edited original tracker.cfg, removed all folder from watchlist (for e.g. $HOME/MyDocs/.camera/and include the only folder which i want to be indexed $HOME/MyDocs/FolderToWatch/;

and issued tracker-processes -r command to rebuild index

after this, opened media player, but still it is showing all the videos recored by camera in Recorded by camera, and all audio files in Recently added section

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
try this in x-terminal:

tracker-processes -r

That forces a re-index . . .

EDIT: You did already. Maybe a reboot? Or else try:

tracker-processes --hard-reset

/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

Last edited by Carlito; 2010-12-28 at 09:13.

i tried above one also, but still same thing happening
it is loading files from nowatch directory also

I tried above one also and it is just loading files. Now what can I do?
Hope anyone can solve this problem soon.

work at home business opportunity

Last edited by kenton; 2011-01-08 at 07:01.

Originally Posted by toughcanny View Post
I backuped up tracker.cfg, edited original tracker.cfg, removed all folder from watchlist (for e.g. $HOME/MyDocs/.camera/and include the only folder which i want to be indexed $HOME/MyDocs/FolderToWatch/;

and issued tracker-processes -r command to rebuild index

after this, opened media player, but still it is showing all the videos recored by camera in Recorded by camera, and all audio files in Recently added section
Try to exclude the folders which shouldn't be trackered. You'll find it in the tracker.cfg and should look like this:

Code:
# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=;)                                                      
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;

the folders which i dont want to get indexed is already in NoWatchDirectory, but still the list showing files from that folder in media player music and video libraries (recorded by camera) etc

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
May be some sort of typo? Are you sure about possible duplicate files? Or just an parental folder indexed?
Mind posting the paragraph here to have more than two eyes loking at it?

Last edited by michaaa62; 2010-12-30 at 10:42.