Active Topics

Hi Guys,
I have successfully installed Meego on my N900 onto the SD card and i have installed UBoot to get it to dual boot.

All i have to say is Meego sucks and I would like to remove Meego and install Android instead on my SD card. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Code:
apt-get remove uboot-pr13
apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
... in Maemo.
Reboot to check that the uboot loader is gone.
Now follow the Nitdroid install instructions (internal eMMC install is recommended over external SD), and prepare to be equally disgusted at in-progress software not being totally flawless for your everyday use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
OFF Topic

Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
All i have to say is Meego sucks
Hi... if you cant contribute you have no right to bad mouth.. Meego does not sucks ... you are too naive to think that.. its not for people like you who cant hold onto their underpants.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
OFF Topic

Hi... if you cant contribute you have no right to bad mouth.. Meego does not sucks ... you are too naive to think that.. its not for people like you who cant hold onto their underpants.
What can you do with Meego exactly? What apps do you have? Are their any games?

Its slow, its drab, its just plain boring!!!

Nokia should have just went Android in the first place, now its all down hill for them.

Last edited by 2slik4u; 2011-06-19 at 20:24.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Code:
apt-get remove uboot-pr13
apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
... in Maemo.
Reboot to check that the uboot loader is gone.
Now follow the Nitdroid install instructions (internal eMMC install is recommended over external SD), and prepare to be equally disgusted at in-progress software not being totally flawless for your everyday use.
Thanks vitaminj.

Is it possible to install Android on the SD card, i have a Class 10 16gb Transcend.

I doubt Android is going to be as bad as Meego. I'm aware though of no phone calls and Camera capabilities. I want it more for the apps.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Tag = 2thick4meego?? Meego is not a good OS (yet).
Why so nasty with the tags?
I do not like Meego, I think it feels primitive.
Hopefully it gets better. Maybe the N9's build is far better than the DE/CE builds we use.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post

Is it possible to install Android on the SD card, i have a Class 10 16gb Transcend.

I doubt Android is going to be as bad as Meego. I'm aware though of no phone calls and Camera capabilities. I want it more for the apps.
yes, it is possible but it works faster if you install it on emmc. But using constantly android is difficult, phone is hot, problematic charging but you're right - applications work

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Tag = 2thick4meego?? Meego is not a good OS (yet).
Why so nasty with the tags?
I do not like Meego, I think it feels primitive.
Hopefully it gets better. Maybe the N9's build is far better than the DE/CE builds we use.
Yeah ask the nasty dude who made the tag.

If only we could get the build that's on the N9, then that would be awesome. The N9 build seems to have alot of potential.
I just hope we get more meego phones which will result in more apps for us.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
@vitaminj

You went cool so far, until the part that went "and prepare to be equally disgusted at in-progress software not being totally flawless for your everyday use."
What was the last version of NITDroid you installed? Did you even look at N12? Now I understand that some people hate android, but N12 Umay is far more stable than any MeeGo build, I actually have it as for everyday use! In addition, NITDroid (Android) has indescribable tons of apps, and this is a well-known fact.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I've installed Nitdroid UMay N12 on my EMMC (modded) according to Method 1 http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_Nitdroid
This al works fine but now i want to install Meego on My MMC card and do a triple boot

Does someone know how i can install meego using multiboot?

Tnx

Tags
noob alert, op blows