Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
I have just made the transition from bloglines to Google Reader. Google Reader is simply lightyears better than bloglines for reading feeds on the tablet (with iphone spoof+portrait mode).

However, there is a feature I love with both the bloglines and google reader non-iphone mobile interfaces (the bloglines iphone interface does this too): each allows one to choose to automatically reformat linked web pages for mobile browsers. Bloglines does this with skweezer.com, whereas google reader uses "http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=[LINKED PAGE'S URL]". [Try it.] and [Try it.]

Now, if I missed a way to make Google Reader's iphone interface do this, I'd be delighted to learn how. But if I'm right that it doesn't have it, I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who might be able to write a greasemonkey script that forces the "See Original" link to open using either skweezer.com's proxy. (I'd love to have all links open using skweezer, but I'd definitely be happy with just the "See Original" link.)

There is already a greasemonkey script for google reader's iphone interface, and I have been in contact with its author to see if my tweak could be added. He says that it's possible, but he does not have time to do it. Any brave souls want to make a loyal ITT member a very very happy camper?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
...Google Reader is simply lightyears better than bloglines for reading feeds on the tablet ....
Personally I far prefer BETA Bloglines to Google Reader [Google Reader is too slow to the point of freezing & visibility of my folders/feeds is too limited]

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
However, there is a feature I love with both the bloglines and google reader non-iphone mobile interfaces (the bloglines iphone interface does this too): each allows one to choose to automatically reformat linked web pages for mobile browsers. Bloglines does this with skweezer.com, whereas google reader uses "http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=[LINKED PAGE'S URL]". [Try it.] and [Try it.]

Now, if I missed a way to make Google Reader's iphone interface do this, I'd be delighted to learn how.
YAY! It seems that google has now incorporated this feature into the google reader for iphone interface. YAY!