Hi!

I've got a N95-1 which is positively gagging to boot Linux/ NITdroid! I'd like to stop the poor thing chucking 'out of memory' errors at me non stop!

Has anybody here heard of anyone working on a Linux bootloader for s60v3 phones such as the n95?

Thanks and have a 'droidular 09!

danboid

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
No, I have not heard of a Linux boot loader for the N95, and NITDroid would probably not work on it with a lot of work...

I mean, even OpenMoko, with all its Open Source goodness, was difficult to make Android work. A closed system like the N95, well...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Of course, I wasn't expecting it to be just a bootloader and - hey presto! - Android working 100% on n95 but I'd imagine there would be a lot of common code between the two platforms.

There's ubootloader which is a Linux bootloader for s60v1 but this doesn't work with s60v3 and if anyone would know about this I thought it'd be you guys so it looks like no-one has risen to the challenge yet!

http://linux-on-sx1.wiki.sourceforge.net/

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If this is going to happen, then it would not happen on a forum made for Nokia internet tablets.