Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
In Europe? Then our hopes are on Galileo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo..._navigation%29
Dude, what are you looking for? More is better. GPS,glonass,Galileo ...galliano.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Lol trolliaman how did you managed to get the device rebooted? or is this one of your make believe stories? this you claim, only happened with older symbian versions. never happened to my n9 and probably never will.
on the other hand when you open enough apps that run in the backgound it may slowdown the device. it will consume the cpu since the apps don't freeze.

yes those two device have written some good history.

zimon,
please don't compare android with harmattan or any other linux distro. they just don't work the same.
Never happened to your N9......what a troll.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
It still says 6-point multitouch. I don't know where you've read it would be 5-point, but I can't find it.
Straight from the official Jolla page (http://jolla.com/your-jolla/)

(also Finnish version of the page has been changed)

Last edited by minimos; 2013-10-04 at 21:26. Reason: added note on Finnish page

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Lol trolliaman how did you managed to get the device rebooted? or is this one of your make believe stories? this you claim, only happened with older symbian versions. never happened to my n9 and probably never will.
Never happened to your N9......what a troll.
Well it depends on the usage I guess.

I have to say I have never had a spontaneous reboot of my device due to running out of memory. (granted, I am not in habit of just opening applications to the background just for the sport of it, I use what I need at a same time and close them after that. Just as I use a generic computer, really.)

Only couple of times I have had a spontaneous reboot the cause has been the same, if the network coverage is really bad, like I am in a cellar and a CS call is ongoing, sometimes when the call breaks it will actually boot the device. I have not managed to get that happen outside ever, only in the same cellar two or three times.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Mikecomputing,

Looks like you need a reading lesson because you keep spouting the same old about inefficient code when the two examples I gave you were of the system apps! Want more?
Seems like you also need to reading lessons. Do you remember I said tracker daemon? as far as I know thats an system app and I critizised that one too.

My mistake was I should had said that apps and system daemons etc... should be more optimized on mobiles.

I maybe should blame Linuxkernel too (Torvalds, dont kill me if u read this Seriously, I am not an expert but I am not sure linux so good on embedded because overall Linux was written as an desktop/serveros?

But one beast to blame is definitivly graphic servers like X11 is definitivly NOT embedded friendly its actually plain garbage in that area. Hopefully wayland fixes that.

So summary is there is ALOT todo to use less resources. So my point is more RAM is NOT the solution. Optimize is the answer.

so yes again 1Gb should be more than enought on embedded platforms like a mobile.

To give an example on Linux desktop. You can run Xubuntu on very low resources and KDE takes alot more resources.

Now I compare that to you can run sailfishOS on low resources but if use Android it takes alot more resources.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-04 at 22:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
It changed to 5 point multitouch because 6 point multitouch is inhuman :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well it depends on the usage I guess.

I have to say I have never had a spontaneous reboot of my device due to running out of memory. (granted, I am not in habit of just opening applications to the background just for the sport of it, I use what I need at a same time and close them after that. Just as I use a generic computer, really.)

Only couple of times I have had a spontaneous reboot the cause has been the same, if the network coverage is really bad, like I am in a cellar and a CS call is ongoing, sometimes when the call breaks it will actually boot the device. I have not managed to get that happen outside ever, only in the same cellar two or three times.

I guess lesson learned for you. STAY OUT OF THAT CELLAR! What a troll!

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Not when you have two hands.

I will keep this clean...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I guess lesson learned for you. STAY OUT OF THAT CELLAR! What a troll!
Now this is pretty humorous advice, thanks
And being called a troll is also a joy for me, the compliment coming from master of the arts

Actually the cellar I am talking about is the locker room of my workplace's gym, so I cannot really stay away from there, can I?
The fix is actually "don't take any calls when you'e there"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
How I can go ragemode on fruit ninja now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post: