Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Is there any way to detect that the screen is facing down?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Nope, I haven't yet tried anything "fancier" and only have two separate night rules, one for weekend and another for workdays.
They just set account availability to away and ringing to silent. I previously had rules for days too, but disabled them because the Default rule should return the ringing volume.
Could you share your rules here, or in private mail to me? I could try to use your rules to reproduce the problem.

Your rules are in this file: /home/user/.config/ProfileMatic/rules.conf

Just send that file to me and I'll do a test. I did some basic tests already and could not find any problem in setting the profile volume.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Is there any way to detect that the screen is facing down?
No, that's not possible right now. I've been wary of adding any orientation detection tests as I'm afraid they might be power hungry (device orientation is something that changes quite often in normal phone usage).

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
thanks ancelad for the more refined version of my diy attempt at swapping stylesheets by script to achieve this, i didnt know how to use sed.

everything works fine, except the icons dont change to their new color, till after a reboot, the clock color changes instantly, but the icons stay stuck in their old color always, red or white, is there an alternative deeper 'on-the-fly' refresh call other than the one you include?? (sleep 1 && /sbin/initctl stop xsession/sysuid && sleep 1 && /sbin/initctl start xsession/sysuid)

thnx
Do you use default blanco theme? Just tested my icon-script again - works fine for me. Sorry, it isn't alternative refresh method, because you change PNG-files... If you change only css - you can use stop/start

So, Russian translation is ready, how I can get the file to test it on my device? I want to view some words in the context...

Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
So, Russian translation is ready, how I can get the file to test it on my device? I want to view some words in the context...
Check this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1194

To compile .qm file you need QLinguist (free download).

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Lol, so funny mistakes

Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Nope, I haven't yet tried anything "fancier" and only have two separate night rules, one for weekend and another for workdays.
They just set account availability to away and ringing to silent. I previously had rules for days too, but disabled them because the Default rule should return the ringing volume.
Thanks for the rules. I have a guess what the problem is. You have in the night rules "restore previous profile" set. If this is on, it will override what is in Default rule. So if your phone was at 40% ringing when silent mode hit in, it would restore it to 40% in the morning even if Default rule has 100%.

Try taking away restore previous profile and it should work as you expect.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
Does anyone have a reliable "solution" for the following scenario:

1) Keep the device in power save mode (or disable BG connections) most of the time.
2) Sync mails and calendar only a few times a day (needs BG connections ON)

I tried to define several timeframes a day where I have BG connections on and set the mail/calendar syncing time to an interval just slightly smaller than the one where BG connections are ON. For whatever reason, this just does not work realibly. The only Mail account that synced every single time was an exchange account (in fact, that account seemed to sync the moment BG connections were enabled).

Is someone using a similar setup?

Can the sync of all mail accounts/calendars somehow be triggered manually? Because that manual sync, like it is done from inside the mail/calendar-app would be just perfect - establishes the connection for the time needed to sync, regardless of PSM or BG-connections.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Two questions:
  1. Does "device volume" affect ringing volume and calendar alarm volume?
  2. Is there a way of including in a rule that the device volume should be restored when the condition expires (e.g. the time expires)?