Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Personally, I thought this pretty much was a healthy jab at each other. I rather LIKE the one-up-manship that this implies. I hope they BOTH benefit--because, ultimately, EVERYONE would. It also sounds like they don't take each other and themselves too seriously.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm actually for this kind of activity. Shows that they know who their competition may be, steals a bit of their thunder... hell. I like this kind of guerrilla marketing.

It's not wholly effective, but it sure as hell is better than silence.
The trouble is, it's backfired big time on Nokia because nobody is reporting on the HTC buses.

Most of the hacks were already at the HTC venue so they only saw the Nokia people turn up with balloons etc. - they weren't at Nokia World on the second day so didn't see the HTC buses (there's not much to see on the second day, ie. no new toys etc. and only serious technical discussions which go waaay over their pretty little heads).

HTC are now making hay from this by claiming Nokia are scared and see them as a serious competitor, and this is how it is being reported. This is nothing but a big win for HTC, and a significantly embarrassing PR loss for Nokia who should have handled this so much better.

Fortunately it will soon be forgotten, but the Nokia PR people in charge of this fiasco need to take a good look at themselves and ask themselves the question "What the hell were we thinking?"

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
What if HTC will bring more devices? What then?....
why do you think HTC would deliberately bring less devices than it is capable of producing without models competing against each others?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
why do you think HTC would deliberately bring less devices than it is capable of producing without models competing against each others?
I give up. Why?