Originally Posted by TeCh View Post
Let me explain some things:

1. Nokia N900 is not navigation device, it can say where you are and help you a bit, but if you need navigation go to Nokia navigation or Prestigio or something N900 is phone at first.

2. Camera is not for professional model shoot out but rather for marking some moment's of life..so if you are unsatisfied buy a real Camera..this is same for Camcorder.

3. Stop posting your problems with aftermarket apps, if you try to change maemo by self stop blaming maemo to be idiot unproof, buy Iphone or Nokia 3310 it's idiot proof.

Havent seen any problem with real PHONE user.

If you need portrait phone there is Nokia 3310, this is tablet like phone, if you know what tablet is..

Don't nag but start learning how to use your phone..

This is generally written, not meant to hurt anyone, but I believe some will find them in this post.

For every one experiencing problems do a hard reset (reset to factory settings) and 90% of problems will go away..

Phone loge is nokia unlike, but is Android like, so stop nagging about personalization things..it works, and if you don't like it there is Nokia 3310.

Solution for N900 problems, switch user..
N900 is not for grandmas, but nerds, so oldie's go back to 3310..
I too, have experienced all the issues that etuoyo stated in his post.
The problem is that n900 is between a tablet and a phone and so the result is rather poor, because it does both things, but not up to todays standards.
Even when n900 was first launched, HTC launched their phone as well and it already had a 1GHz processor, which I believe is the core problem of n900 - not enough power for all the possabilities it offers!!!
The things that annoy me the most are the ones related to the basic phone features likes calls and texting. I've had an incoming call, but I cannot answer, because the screen never lits up and I have no idea who is calling me. Quite often it just simply takes too long for the phone app to launch. I should also say that I have no extras/dev apps installed, because it's already bad as it is. I must say though, there are good days and bad days for the phone, but the good days are simply not enough.
At the fast pace that our lives go, we expect fast gadgets as well and since they are all around us, it sets the bar high up for the rest. The new Samsung Galaxy web browser speed is mind blowing!!! Things like this scare me, because n900 might get disscontinued, because of all the issues it has and other phones don't.
At first I was very excited about all the features the phone offered, but now I don't wanna mess with it. I'm just happy that it doesn't restart and/or freeze when it feels like it. The worst part is that I'm not using any powerful apps, it's the simple everyday stuff most people use. Calls; txt; web; email. And then the camera and the media player.
Luckily I've managed to resolve most of the issues by google endlesly

I see great potential, because when the phone is having a good day, it's really a joy, but there are so many issues to be resolved.

To those who don't have problems: chill out guys, I'm 100% positive that you will eventually run into them. Not that I wish you to. Remember, that because of the third party software availability it is really hard to pin down the problems. If some has a problem, it doesn't necessarily mean the person is stupid or doesn't know how to use the phone.

I could go on and on in very specific details about the problems like in this last post here https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1045, But I'm getting tired of it

Stay cool guys and instead of picking fights, try to help each other. That's why this community is here!!!

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by JanisP View Post
To those who don't have problems: chill out guys, I'm 100% positive that you will eventually run into them. Not that I wish you to. Remember, that because of the third party software availability it is really hard to pin down the problems. If some has a problem, it doesn't necessarily mean the person is stupid or doesn't know how to use the phone.
Don't worry about being called stupid for not knowing how to use the phone. We usually just hang and burn disbelievers; of course, inquisition is sometime necessary, but not mandatory. You've my word of assurance.