N810 just now will not operate.. it says there are 610 messages, yet screen is empty. Sending email box does not even have 610 emails... only about 100. Web sirf works so table is connecting to WiFi

Hello,
My n810 was operating OK for years...now it will not send Email stating Memory full. Well, I have nothing running except email. I ran "Restore Original Settings" and "Clear Device" many many times. No GPS no nothing loaded. All incoming message in Email were deleted.
What could be plugging up Device memory? It only has about 1.09 mg left according to the table info... But I do not know of any way to see....what is robbing my device memory???

This is a puzzle since it has been running just fine for years.
Any text files I have ...have always been stored on the removable memory. I even deleted all those stupid songs and junk..
Something is plugging up device memory...which is sucking up all he memory. I have owned this for years... and this has never happened? I am on the third battery..so long time user. 99% for usage only emails. No downloads or other garbage. Any hints?
clues?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Merged a couple threads that you've created.

Listen, there is no reason to create multiple threads (with the same problem)
please keep it in 1 thread. Thank you

I am not doing it on purpose.. I have a difficult time using this message thing. I can not find what I sent most of the time. II will hopefully figure it out.
But still no message yet has solved a simple issue? How to Flash n810!! All links given are dead. or take me in an infinite loop de loop to dead or not very useful links. Am I the only person who has ever needed to reload their operating system...?

It looks that way. But I must be persistent. If coders are on this forum... I should be able to hit on one who understands what is needed to flash an n810. and be able to suggest web pages that have not expired... So I cannot give up. Nokia no longer supports this product. .

Listen, there is no reason to create multiple threads (with the same problem)
please keep it in 1 thread. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I dont have a N8x0 but there are some torrents or other forums who maybe hosted it.

google to the filenames:

N810:
RX-44_2008SE_1.2007.42-19_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

N800:
RX-34_2008SE_1.2007.44-4_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

I don't know they are the latest version though

Edit:

Here you can find all firmwares for all devices
http://repository.maemo.org/tabletsdev/

Check out the wiki for how to flash:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
and
http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...re&oldid=17120

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-05-09 at 20:33.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I dont have a N8x0 but there are some torrents or other forums who maybe hosted it.

google to the filenames:

N810:
RX-44_2008SE_1.2007.42-19_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

N800:
RX-34_2008SE_1.2007.44-4_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

I don't know they are the latest version though

Edit:

Here you can find all firmwares for all devices
http://repository.maemo.org/tabletsdev/

Check out the wiki for how to flash:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
and
http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...re&oldid=17120
Thanks.. I did find those but the Flash 3.5 did not read or function with the latest .bin file. I tried for hours. Flash 3.5 did access the N810 tablet but it could not recognize the bin files....

Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
Thanks.. I did find those but the Flash 3.5 did not read or function with the latest .bin file. I tried for hours. Flash 3.5 did access the N810 tablet but it could not recognize the bin files....

are you sure you've downloaded the correct flasher?
also, are you sure that the bin file isn't corrupted? (did it download really well?)

oh by the way, don't forget to use the THANKS BUTTON when someone tries to help you! (also in your other threads!)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
are you sure you've downloaded the correct flasher?
also, are you sure that the bin file isn't corrupted? (did it download really well?)

oh by the way, don't forget to use the THANKS BUTTON when someone tries to help you! (also in your other threads!)
I used this site....: http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...ablo_released/

That was the flasher I used? That was recommended by someone on the WEB site. Jarmo TikkA i think was the author of the site?
It recognized my tablet but nothing happened.
could be I typed in the command line wrong but instructions are horrible.....if non existent.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Merged a couple threads that you've created.
Mod - the OP still has four threads in this forum dealing with the same problem, plus one thread in the N810 forum. N810 device forum is a somewhat more sensible location, although the problem really relates to OS2008 rather than to the device hardware.

Any way to merge them again and get rid of the clutter? Some of the threads' titles refer to flashing the firmware, since the OP became convinced that reflashing was the only solution to his problem. (My own suspicion is that he had neglected to clean out his "Sent" and "Drafts" folders.)

Last edited by scaler; 2013-06-30 at 13:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scaler For This Useful Post:
NO you are incorrect. Please do not insult me. All messages of any type were deleted. However, the n810 software operating system kept something in memory. I even deleted all games and any programs that could be deleted. I would appreaciate more constructive comments. Also, since I am not a coder I do not know how to merge all the threads. I tried numerous avaliable loadings on this message board but they all were junk. There is a lot of junk on this message board. Old useless Junk. It was not until an individual off line gave me his version that I was able to install a nice new operating system. It now works like new. So... the big problem was not " me " but the load of junk on this message board. NONE of it worked in my n810. OK... it is obsolete but my messages are not as worthless as the junk that was given from this message center.
If you want to delete all my stuff fine. I do not know how to find it all or clean it up....if I did I would..... so forget the scarcasm. You are not my fellow employees whom I have to tolerate at work.
vr
Buffalo

Originally Posted by scaler View Post
Mod - the OP still has four threads in this forum dealing with the same problem, plus one thread in the N810 forum. N810 device forum is a somewhat more sensible location, although the problem really relates to OS2008 rather than to the device hardware.

Any way to merge them again and get rid of the clutter? Some of the threads' titles refer to flashing the firmware, since the OP became convinced that reflashing was the only solution to his problem. (My own suspicion is that he had neglected to clean out his "Sent" and "Drafts" folders.)

In any case, the issue is probably dead now. Another member made an offer to buy the N810, and the OP has been quiet since then.