Hello,

This is an enhancement idea for the Nokia N900 alarm and calendar snooze system.

When alarm fires (for Calendar or general Alarm), in addition to the usual single hit of the snooze button, it would be really useful if the user could press and hold the snooze button to change the snooze time, as you can with MS Outlook, for example.

Suggested snooze periods:
5 mins
10 mins
15 mins
30 mins
1hour
2hours
4hours
1 day
1 week
1 month

I suggest using a simply array of buttons set out in a grid to set the snooze time.

I look forward to hearing your comments on this.

And I really like the N900.

Thank you,
Jamil Shehadeh.

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-16 at 15:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
VERY VERY Hnady Idea!

I really like the fact that on my Blackberry I can pre-set the snooze time when setting the alarm and as low as 1 minute which I need to wake me up

I would love this feature to be implemented so a shorter snooze can be added

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Please read the links in my signature!
And create a brainstorm item:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/create/default/

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Please read the links in my signature!
And create a brainstorm item:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/create/default/
I thought this was a Brainstorm?

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hello,

This is an enhancement idea for the Nokia N900 alarm and calendar snooze system.

When alarm fires (for Calendar or general Alarm), in addition to the usual single hit of the snooze button, it would be really useful if the user could press and hold the snooze button to change the snooze time, as you can with MS Outlook, for example.

5 mins
10 mins
15 mins
30 mins
1hour
2hours
4hours
1 day
1 week
1 month

I suggest using a simply array of buttons set out in a grid to set the snooze time.

Thank you,
Jamil Shehadeh.
I also think that it will be a great idea if we can set the alarm for a birthday in the same day and not only a day before! Agree?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
I use the snooze button when I wake up in the morning. I think two buttons are too much for my brain at that time. More than two definitely would be :-)

A possible addition : make the Alarm turn on the radio, with option to use the speaker or headphones (to connect to external speakers).

With that, I definitely get rid of my alarm clock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sudisk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hello,

5 mins
10 mins
15 mins
30 mins
1hour
2hours
4hours
1 day
1 week
1 month

Thank you,
Jamil Shehadeh.
??? snooze time of 1 month? 1 week? what the heck do you actually sleep that long? you must be a bear in hibernation

I do think its a good idea to be able to set the snooze time for each alarm when you initial setup that alarm, and be able to go back and modify it if you want just like the time & repeat dates.

Press & Hold seems a bit odd to me, the point of snooze to me is to make you get up but not make you get up right away, if you can easily change it on the fly you would be prone to set it for a long period.

Originally Posted by christoph View Post
I use the snooze button when I wake up in the morning. I think two buttons are too much for my brain at that time. More than two definitely would be :-)
Hi,

Using my proposed system, the snooze would still work as it does now - with a simple tap of the snooze button.

The option to change the snooze period would only be available by pressing and holding the snooze button. This would bring up the array of options.

The idea of the extra choices is for times when you remind yourself to do something on a particular day at a certain time.

For example, you set an alarm to do something one evening. Come the evening, the alarm sounds but you're busy doing something else. No problem: you press and hold snooze and choose '1 day' - you'll be reminded to do it the next day.

I guess you can tell that I don't remember to do anything unless I remind myself to do it

Cheers,
Jamil.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jamil For This Useful Post:

Tags
alarm, calendar, snooze